Silver Vision Memories

Onyx2

Silver Vision had loads of these gifted from WWE as 'awards' for selling lots of particular titles (all VHS I think). They were all round the office. There should only be 1 of each in existence.

The next bit is a guess which Steve might know more about but they probably got sold after going into administration. The seller sounds like a wheeler dealer.

I found the wording odd as it says "'presented by Silver Vision" rather than "presented to". So thought this would a good place to ask about it.

These were actually bought by SV when the BVA (British Video Association) informed us of certain sales being reached and produced to celebrate reaching those sales levels. Not sure how this one ended up with a US seller as they are in boxes in the office warehouse. Though when the co when into administration no doubt many things left the building with new owners.

Edited by Midnight Zeus

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I've just come across something strange in my DVD collection.

On opening one of the cases, I realised that the disc has no photo printed on it and actually has the words 'Check Disc', a logo for Disctronics and mentions Clear Vision Ltd rather than Silvervision.  Any idea what this is?

They are exactly that, discs used to run a check to make sure everything was okay before getting the real thing pressed. We also used those versions to send out to magazines and websites to review in advance of the finished copy being ready. Getting one in an actual sleeved case can only mean an error at the replication factory, a rarity for sure.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...