So Excited, So Scared: The Saved by the Bell Retrospective

Astro Hollywood

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As well as California Dreams and City Guys ("C.I.T.Y, you can see why"), Engel also spewed out Malibu CA, Hang Time, One World & USA High. If Drazic's book Iis a success i'll steal the idea and produce sure-to-be-bestsellers about those shows

This may sound rather stupid, but how did you intend on someone to read the book?

Ā 

I know everyone reads differently, but would it be better to read each episode at a time along with watching the show, or just dive in?

Ā 

Whatever the case, I am bloody excited to get started on it, probably watch a few episodes tonight and get reading!

Ā 

I too love the idea of an audio version, maybe a poll of the top 10 episodes and then do the audio of those? I mean does anyone have the lungs for the whole thing?!

• Moderators

This may sound rather stupid, but how did you intend on someone to read the book?

Ā 

I know everyone reads differently, but would it be better to read each episode at a time along with watching the show, or just dive in?

Ā 

I guess it depends on whether you want to see the more insane stuff unspoiled (or, forgotten from when you last saw it decades ago), and then read some background/my take on it, or would rather be primed to catch the stuff I've pointed out already.

Season 2 has just started airing on the Vault (Sky & Freesat) too. Think the first ep of season 2 is on at 6pm and S2ep2 will be on at 8am next morning & repeated again later at 6pm. I think they are showing them in the original broadcast order, rather than the correct chronological order, where Season 1 ep15 King of the Hill was actually the show's pilot so it should have been ep 1 really.Ā 

• Paid Members

Just wanted to add that despite my pessimism because of my dislike for reading much off a screen, I read the whole first section last night. It was a breeze to read, really interesting, informative and funny. Pardon being patronised but the quality of writing was excellent. You should try doing this for a living, Mildred.

• Paid Members

I'm halfway through the recaps of the first series and I'm enjoying it immensely, plenty of chuckles. I know it has about a hundredth of the cultural importance, but in an ideal world I'd love to read a Hang Time retrospective. Ā 

As well as California Dreams and City Guys ("C.I.T.Y, you can see why"), Engel also spewed out Malibu CA, Hang Time, One World & USA High. If Drazic's book Iis a success i'll steal the idea and produce sure-to-be-bestsellers about those shows

Ā 

After watching the Lost Heroes mini mockumentariesĀ on Youtube about Rod Belding, I looked him up & only just realised that he was the Dad from Malibu CA.. MINDĀ = BLOWN!!!

Archived