So Excited, So Scared: The Saved by the Bell Retrospective

Astro Hollywood

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Sorry to take this off topic but I just want Astro's thoughts on Amazon's plan to pay the authors of e-books not in relation to how many books sold but how many pages of said book have been read.

I don't really have any thoughts, although you have that wrong. It only applies to books that are enrolled in the Kindle Select program and have been 'borrowed' instead of bought (royalties for sales are unchanged), and barring the one I don't get much royalties for anyway, none of mine are in that, so it doesn't affect me.

• Paid Members

Sorry to take this off topic but I just want Astro's thoughts on Amazon's plan to pay the authors of e-books not in relation to how many books sold but how many pages of said book have been read.

I don't really have any thoughts, although you have that wrong. It only applies to books that are enrolled in the Kindle Select program and have been 'borrowed' instead of bought (royalties for sales are unchanged), and barring the one I don't get much royalties for anyway, none of mine are in that, so it doesn't affect me.

Ahh ok. The news bulletin on the radio didn't go into too much detail about it. Just made it sound like Amazon were trying to fleece the authors of such e-books.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I second that, it'd be much easier for my dissertation to have a book copy I can make notes all over. Kindle/Computer is fine but with the amount of time I spend at one as it is with planning, I would rather head down to the lake our uni has and just chill and read a book rather than care about brightness settings and battery. 

Archived