Brock Lesnar....where is he going after WM?

Jimmy Boy

i really dont understand the WWE business model of the last few years! they are so arrogant that they think they can just tell us what we like and dont like. that may have worked 20 years ago but WWEs determinatiom to prove they know best is going to cost them. fans were pissed at CM Punk's treatment, then they piss all over Daniel Bryan and now the Rumble debacle! The fans showed what they thought and like with anything you can only give fans what they dont want for so long before they switch off or stop watching. i think WWE despite all their size have problems. There arent the massive marquee names of yesteryear, there not listening to the fans, Cena has been flogged to death,big names have or are leaving and boxing is getting 'hot again'. factor in MMA getting big press with Punk and Lesnar, Bellator getting traction & WWE'S stale product & 2015 could be a bad year for them. Hell theyve even botched the Sting deal. changing his music, letting him come out with bad hair & having him appear only twice in 3 months! no one wants Sting vs HHH yet thats what we'll get. another 'Meh' for them! 2015 WWE could easily end up like WWF circa 95! Its mental but in 2015 the biggest name when he shows on on WWE tv is still Hulk Hogan!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

! no one wants Sting vs HHH yet thats what we'll get. another 'Meh' for them! 

Really? I don't mind that at all, would rather see that than 56 year old Sting vs horribly broken down Undertaker given 20 minutes.

• Paid Members

Brock wouldn’t be able to work for both companies at the same time because of exclusivity; that’s why the proposed Lesnar/Undertaker match from a few years ago fell apart, because UFC wouldn’t let Brock do it. Not to mention WWE not wanting to put their champion in a situation they didn’t have complete control over.

I don't think it's at all likely but it's not impossible. He had an exclusive contract then. If he could work the contract out up front, it could be done. Though I'm not sure there's enough in if for Dana.

• Paid Members

No one wants to see Sting v Triple H?! Have you watched the two angles they've done together? The crowd were going mental both times.

As Butch typed, I'm far more interested in Sting getting dragged to his best match in years v an in-form heel, like Triple H, than a plodding face v face match with broken down 'Taker. The build so far has been tremendous.

Anyway, LESNAR! Pre-Rumble I was far more interested in him fighting in UFC, as it felt like his WWE run had played out a bit as a heel. However, current babyface monster Lesnar overcoming the odds by kicking out of 50 finishers is great fun.

He'll make more money doing UFC, apparently. If it goes well for him, he's got three ready made feuds/stories, with Mir, Reem and, if he wins those, maybe Velasquez. I've read rumours that Lesnar is looking to join a proper training camp this time too (Roufusport), which is one of the reasons he had no clue how to react to a stand up fight, as he would train at his own gym and liked to have it all his own way. It'll be interesting to see how he does if he makes changes.

• Moderators

Brock wouldn’t be able to work for both companies at the same time because of exclusivity; that’s why the proposed Lesnar/Undertaker match from a few years ago fell apart, because UFC wouldn’t let Brock do it. Not to mention WWE not wanting to put their champion in a situation they didn’t have complete control over.

I don't think it's at all likely but it's not impossible. He had an exclusive contract then. If he could work the contract out up front, it could be done. Though I'm not sure there's enough in if for Dana

Yeah, UFC let Josh Barnett wrestle for Inoki on New Years Eve. I mean, it's a lot less likely they'd allow Brock to, but it's not as if there isn't precedent

I don't think it's at all likely but it's not impossible. He had an exclusive contract then. If he could work the contract out up front, it could be done. Though I'm not sure there's enough in if for Dana

Yeah, UFC let Josh Barnett wrestle for Inoki on New Years Eve. I mean, it's a lot less likely they'd allow Brock to, but it's not as if there isn't precedent

That is a totally different situation because Barnett’s contract with Strikeforce, which is what came over as part of the UFC purchase, allowed Barnett to do that. Any new contract would not have that provision because Dana has outright stated that he would not allow a guy under UFC contract to compete in professional wrestling. Tom Lawlor, who isn’t even a star, was just working ringside for ROH and UFC yanked him from working there when a storyline article was put out that ROH wanted to sign Lawlor. Brock Lesnar cannot do both WWE and UFC at the same time.

• Paid Members

It's a different UFC from 6/7 years ago too. While a stacked January 2015 is going well number-wise, 2014 was a bit of a disaster for them. They are desperate for stars. Also, UFC in no way want any name fighter turning up in Bellator - who are owned by the monster that is Viacom, so have the notes to put in Brock's back pocket - this only strengthens Lesnar's bargaining position. While him doing both UFC and WWE doesn't seem likely, it's hardly impossible.

If he signs with Bellator, I can easily see them allowing him to do a few matches in WWE a year, seeing as it'll be some good cross promotion.

• Moderators

That is a totally different situation because Barnett’s contract with Strikeforce, which is what came over as part of the UFC purchase, allowed Barnett to do that. Any new contract would not have that provision because Dana has outright stated that he would not allow a guy under UFC contract to compete in professional wrestling. Tom Lawlor, who isn’t even a star, was just working ringside for ROH and UFC yanked him from working there when a storyline article was put out that ROH wanted to sign Lawlor. Brock Lesnar cannot do both WWE and UFC at the same time.

Sorry Meltzer, thanks for emboldening a part for me so I'd really understand the basic concept of Dana White saying something.

Sorry Meltzer, thanks for emboldening a part for me so I'd really understand the basic concept of Dana White saying something.

Considering you failed to understand the basic concept that Lesnar working for WWE and UFC at the same is never going to happen, this really isn’t the time for one of your patented acts of mindless petulance.

• Moderators

Considering you failed to understand the basic concept that Lesnar working for WWE and UFC at the same is never going to happen, this really isn’t the time for one of your patented acts of mindless petulance.

On the contrary I actually said "There's precedent" while also saying "It's a lot less likely" which, in the minds of people who aren't wrongheaded means "but it's a no really". Swing and a miss. Dickfingers. Now, OI deign you to be trying to begin a flame war here, so I'm going to end it here. End of chat, lest I abuse my power awesomely.

• Paid Members

Brock going back to the UFC now is a bit of a now or never thing as well, I reckon. He can always go back to wrestle. He could be headlining WWE shows into his 40s if he's still up for it. To have a run at another UFC title, he's got to get moving soon or the moment will be gone. Even now he's very unlikely to win the UFC title again. If he holds off another year or two his chances only get slimmer.

That plus the Bellator situation, offering him real leverage to drive his price up.

• Paid Members

I know Heyman has gone on record saying that Brock wants to go back to MMA, and that he has unfinished business with guys like Cain and Frank Mir, but it's worth keeping in mind that this is Brock and Paul. Everything they say has a purpose, and more often than not that purpose is to make Brock as much money as possible.

I don't know, maybe Brock genuinely does want to fight again. I can't help but think though that this whole thing is one massive bluff to get WWE to either increase his pay, or at the very least keep his current deal for another year or two. Theoretically, if the money was similar across the board and all parties wanted him, I can't imagine him not wanting to stay with pro-wrestling. He's got the easiest gig in the world. He works about fifteen to twenty days of the year and spends the rest of his time doing whatever the fuck he wants, whilst raking it in.

If WWE are willing to agree to another few years at his current rate or higher, then I think it'll take something special for him to go back into the world of training camps, making weight and potentially getting the shit kicked out of you for real. Unless he has a genuine desire to go back, of course, but then everything I've ever seen or read about Brock suggests his main goal is to make as much money as possible, with as little human interaction as possible.

Archived