Brock Lesnar....where is he going after WM?

Jimmy Boy

On the contrary I actually said "There's precedent" while also saying "It's a lot less likely" which, in the minds of people who aren't wrongheaded means "but it's a no really". 

Aye, it's very unlikely, but given the fact that the UFC have been throwing some moves from out of left field lately so to speak, it's probably more likely at this point than it's been over the past five years or so. It's certainly not as open & closed as some would like to believe.

Unlikely, but it depends on two factors in my opinion. How much they want Lesnar, and how much Bellator want him. If Bellator don't have an issue with him working their MMA shows and competing with WWE in a limited capacity then it would be interesting to see how the UFC respond.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as Lesnar is WWE Champion, there is no chance of WWE putting him in any position that they do not have total control over. As long as Lesnar is one of their top stars, who they are paying huge money for, there is no chance of WWE in putting him in any position that they do not have total control over. WWE are control freaks; why do people suddenly think this will change and that they’ll willingly put one of their biggest assets under the control of someone else?

As for UFC’s view on Lesnar potential working for both them and WWE at the same time, we already know that; that is something we do have a proper precedent on. UFC put the kibosh on it before and given Dana’s repeated statement that he does not want a UFC contracted guy doing pro wrestling, and the Tom Lawlor situation, which is another precedent on their actions over one of their contracted guys getting involved in pro wrestling, and a more recent one at that, it again beggars belief that people are seriously talking like it could actually happen.

Bellator would likely have no issue with Lesnar working for them and WWE at the same time, but even forgetting the aforementioned reasons why it’s not happening from the WWE point of view, would Viacom allow it? Not unless they too have some measure of control over a guy they will have paid a ton of money for, and we’ve already established how WWE are with controlling.

I think it would be great to see Lesnar working for the UFC and WWE at the same time. It would be a great story to see unfold and would raise the profile of the UFC and I’m all for that. But I’m grounded enough to know that it simply is not going to happen. People can keep talking the stuff of fantasy booking all they want but that doesn’t give the fantasy any chance of becoming reality.

Archived