WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

Question is, would Lesnar be ok with going out there without Heyman by his side, even on his limited schedule.

No. Hence Hey man being brought back in the first place.
Could they not have Lesnar become a corporate champion and have Trips talk for him? Then have Heyman and whomever on the opposite side?

I doubt that they would ever do that, but seems like the only plausible way to change it up.

Anyway I don't really care what happens, all I know is I wasn't really feeling Mania this year. After Raw and Lesnar on ESPN I started getting really excited for some reason. Not sure what my plan is, probably hang with friends, but I am now really into the whole thing.

I am certain Rollins is cashing in, though I do have one concern. They are really hammering home the network and not to watch it on ppv, which I get. For some reason I have this weird feeling that as a final nail in the coffin for ppv and to get people to order the network who haven't, Mania will finish with Lesnar retaining and the ppv will end. Yet It will keep going on the network (After the wwe logo and goodbyes from the commentators) and that's where we will see Rollins cashing in on Lesnar to win. Like those end of raw network exclusives.

It would completely destroy ever ordering via ppv again as who wouldn't get the network after that? I wouldn't actually blame them either, it's the one way to really get people to sign up.

(If someone has already said this, I do apologise and ignore. I've not read the whole thread.)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That'd be a crazy move. I like it- especially since I'd be watching via the Network anyway- but surely PPV providers could sue or something because WWE didn't put the full show on their broadcast? Plus the disgruntled PPV customers.

One thing that I think gets lost in the "you idiots buying PPV, $9.99" argument is that you need a great Internet connection for the Network, and a lot of people don't have that for different reasons. I have to be careful in my use of it with 200 GB a month, and my mum refuses to get a bigger deal because she says we don't need it (we go halves in the bills). Basically I only watch NXT and the PPVs on the Network, I can't make full use of the archives :(

In what could be a crazy idea what if Lana was to come back and be Brock's manager if they went down the Heyman screws him over route? You know the fans would love to see her back and she could probably get herself over as a face too, then it also sets up a potential Brock vs Rusev match down the line. 

• Moderators

A lot of the apathy probably comes from WWE wasting a month doing the Reigns Bryan programme for a month, which didn't change anything in people's eyes, instead of ignoring it and doing a proper two month build.

• Moderators

Plus, Heyman's good enough to cut fiery babyface promos too, just as he did in the mid-2000s on the One Night Stand shows.

In front of a crowd of diehards for his old promotion in the building he used to run often and they were there to celebrate those facts. While swearing his tits off and "shooting".

The Brock situation has me second guessing the main event now and by extension Cena vs Rusev.

Initally I thought Cena would beat Rusev which would free Rusev up to fued with Reigns at Survivor Series or the Rumble (after a Rollins Reign fued). I kind of have it in the back of my mind that they will build Reigns Cena for next years mania.

This was all based on Reigns walking out as champ.

To delve into some fantasy booking I'd keep the title on Brock until Survivor Series where he'd drop it to Reigns in an elimination chamber match. Seems a great way to keep Brock as a bad ass mother fucker and still take the title off him. Then Reigns Rusev at the Rumble and Superman 1 vs Superman 2 at mania.

Thoughts I had which I posted on facebook

Cash in mid match with both men down is an option too, maybe Reigns hits a superman punch or other big move on Brock but is totally fucked or jumped by Seth behind the refs back who then adds himself into the match  by cashing in with both men down and Seth gets a cheeky win after a curb stomp on an already down Brock.

Because I had a feeling there was never an actual cash in mid match before (therefore an original use of a cash in) and it solves a number of things
1. Seth gets his heat back from the earlier loss to Orton
2. Orton can lay claim to a title shot

3. Reigns wont be as resented because he will still be chasing the title and fans will think fuck man he might of pinned the beast hd it not been for Seth
4. It gets the belt off lesnar whilst keeping him strong
5. leads to a ton of fresh matches with Seth as champion and people getting to a chicken shit heel after overcoming the obstacles of The Authority

• Moderators

If he cashed during a match that'd be a match within a match wouldn't it? He wouldn't be able to join the match, as the contract is for a one on one match as I understand it, and they can't pause the match underway for the champion to accept the MITB match and wait for that to finish then continue the scheduled match, but also, I don't think a wrestler can be in two matches at once. Also, what would become of the #1 contender's title match if it was paused for a MITB, and MITB wins.  Does the match continue non-title, or does the #1 contender get to wrestle the new champ straight away? Or what?

Note to everyone. Just avoid fantasy booking, as it's always really bad.

A lot of the apathy probably comes from WWE wasting a month doing the Reigns Bryan programme for a month, which didn't change anything in people's eyes, instead of ignoring it and doing a proper two month build.

I think part of it comes down to three of the stars barely being their. You've Sting who has just started to warm up his fued with HHH, Taker not around for the Wyatt match and Brock and Reigns have been in the ring once to play tug of war. Its a lot to ask people rto oinvest in three matches where you've had no real build up between the participants

Individually I think the taker build ups been good and the sting build up alright with Reigns build up poor. Put them all together in one event and its all too stale. The build up feels like manias 4 weeks away.

Were can I watch the WrestleMania pre-show, I'm watching the actual show on box office but I'm uncertain as to how I can watch the pre show as I have never watched one before, this is the first time iv watched a ppv since the last WrestleMania.

• Paid Members

Were can I watch the WrestleMania pre-show, I'm watching the actual show on box office but I'm uncertain as to how I can watch the pre show as I have never watched one before, this is the first time iv watched a ppv since the last WrestleMania.

Have you got 9.99?

Its on the WWE Youtube channel

Those Florida Georgia Line gimps are back this Sunday singing America The Beautiful at Wrestlemania. They will be joined by Aloe Blacc

Oh fuck off, why not just have Lillian do it

How did they get on at the "Honour the Troops thing?" Obviously well enough for them to get another appearance at the Maniac Wrestling thing.

Archived