Ferguson (the place, not the man.)

Ron&Hermione

• Paid Members

He has, guy was a great Lawyer though brought the mob too it's knees using RICO, most people just remember him for his stint as NY Mayor now. Always found him a really interesting figure (I realize I went a little off topic)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy fuck... Here is a link to the latest Cop shooting black guy in the back video. (This video they skip the actual shooting, which is for the best. Thought it's still pretty jarring.)

Filmed secretly by a guy who saw the whole thing.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/07/south-carolina-police-officer-murder-charge

Figured this could go here, as it's fairly on topic.This is one hell of a video, you would think after all the exposure with cops killing black guys maybe they would take a little more cautious approach.

The fact someone got this on video without the knowledge of the police make it so great as the lies and cover up can't really happen. Though it didn't stop them trying, I did read an article about the shooting before the video came out and it followed the whole "scared for my life" bit. This is so damning.

I've always been in the Police are not racist and are just arseholes camp, but they don't make it easy. Why the fuck would you shoot someone in the back? 8 times!!!

• Paid Members

Mental that video. Guy is running away and the police (biggest organised gang in the world) shoot him right in the back. No defending that. Time for some harsh jail time for that policeman.

You got to wonder who is filming the dead body after it, whilst the policeman is standing right there. You also got to wonder why they weren't chased away? Another cop filming it perhaps?

• Moderators

I just don't understand the paranoia of some cops. You'd expect stuff like that from a regular person, not someone who has presumably been trained and has accepted risk on their life as part of the job.

• Paid Members

A policewoman the shooter was with said Walter Scott (guy who got shot) knicked her tazer. Rather harsh reason to shoot him dead in the back eight times though.

Shooter is even moving stuff around so it looks like Walter Scott pulled a gun on him. Unbelievable. Time for some hard time, buddy.

I really wish the person who filmed this didn't release it for about a week. Just so we saw the stories which would come out and the spin the police tried to do, as that would actually have more of an impact than this. They could have gotten the whole police force in a cover up, especially if they claimed the victim had the taser (the one the police officer planted on him in the video).

The Ferguson case is something I still side with the police on because of the evidence which was published. Because whilst the idea of shooting someone is horrible, if that person did try and go for your gun and charged you down and tried to essentially kill you, then it's understandable as it is self defence. That's what the evidence proved as to what happened, and there in lies the problem.

After seeing the police officer in this video try and drop his taser as to plant it on the victim, how the fuck am I supposed to believe the evidence now? Because if To Catch A Predator taught me anything, it's that it's never the first time stuff like this happens. So believing evidence from the police would get more difficult each and every time something bad happens, and it just so happens they were in the right according to the evidence they found

To plant evidence on a victim is genuinely sickening, how can you ever trust the police after seeing that? The worst part is that the police force will just say "he doesn't represent the whole force, it's one guy." which never seems to be the case. I hope that the planting evidence bit isn't overlooked.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Baltimore is now set ablaze and is the latest place to protest. This is just getting ridiculous, how the fuck does this keep happening? How difficult is it to not kill a guy? It's absolutely fucking insane, I know Freddie Gray is slightly different but how do you not show caution after all that's happened?

Fox News has amazing coverage of the Baltimore protests, they had a guy in the thick of it just acting like a right condescending dick towards everyone. The Onion wouldn't be able to parody it as it was itself a parody.

They keep linking it all to the Crips, Bloods and the Nation of Islam... I shit you not!

My favourite bit, they keep using the term "professional agitators".

Archived