UFC Ultimate Fighter 20: Team Pettis vs Team Melendez - Sep 10

wandshogun09

Who becomes first Strawweight champ?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've found a few 'Harry Enfield' patronising laugh moments on the series. From Kagan's Rocky style awkwardly running up a hill to Jojo telling her Mam she loved her and her Mam pretty much shrugging and carrying on with her washing ha!

Heard a rumour Jojo makes the final as UFC have events coming up in Scotland apprently?!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think Faber came across as a better coach in the couple of minutes he was there this week than Cruz has. Cruz hasn't done anything Rampage like to turn people against him, just doesn't seem like the best coach.

Cruz?

I think these season more than ever is going to leave big hints as to who goes to the final cause at the end of the day of the title champion is going to be crowned and i think the UFC is gonna push the finalists to the forefront of the season, get some eyes on them.

The fight this week was a bit of a mis-match but i love the ranking system, it's created un-favorable style matches for the opening round but i feel the higher ranked fighters deserve their position.

• Paid Members

Herrig vs Clark next week then. I don't know who's going to win that. I haven't thought Herrig's looked particularly good the few times I've seen her. I've never even seen Clark fight and her record isn't good. Fuck knows. Who does the winner fight? I can't remember how the brackets are laid out.

• Paid Members

Ah right, cheers. I think Randa will probably beat either one myself. She looked very impressive in the Torres fight and, like Esparza, she's got a good wrestling game in a division where there aren't many fighters from a wrestling base. I just don't want Herrig to get far. I think Randa will definitely stop her if Clark doesn't though, so I'm happy with that.

I've got a feeling Herrig will end up fighting Lisa Ellis at the finale. They've been having a few digs at each other recently.

• Paid Members

As soon as TUF wrapped filming and the women were doing media, I was convinced Esparza makes the finals. There's just something about how she was talking and carrying herself. I think it's going to be Esparza vs Calderwood.

In the opening credits they show each fighter once against their name and then they show 2 fighters a second time with the belt. It's right before the end of the credits and comes over a bit weird because it means they have to give 2 of them more air time than all the others.

One of them is definitely Calderwood.

image.jpg

The other looks like Esparza:

image.jpg

The more of the series I see, the more it seems like the producers just said "fuck it, stick the finalists at the end".

• Paid Members

Haha good spot.

I suppose that could be a red herring though. They might've filmed them all holding the belt and threw those two in as a decoy because they're the top two seeds. Could still be a surprise upset yet.

If it does end up being Esparza vs Calderwood though, how fucking stupid were they to give it away like that? Who are these idiots in the production team and how are these things making through the editing process. Like I said before, they did similar with TUF 18, giving away that the final was Pena vs Rakoczy.

EDIT -

Actually, looking at those two pictures again - the bottom one might be Tecia Torres. I don't think Esparza is that jacked, is she?

Could still be a giveaway though, because Torres is probably back in the tournament this week with someone (likely Kish) out with injury. Could still end up with a Calderwood vs Torres final, I guess.

I think Kish was supposed to fight Bec Rawlins too. So, if you're right, and I think you are, it'll be Rawlings vs. Torres. Rough, Bec loses her stepdad and now this.

I think the way this particular TUF has been set up though, every fighter is guaranteed a roster spot, they need to build a division. So, injuries and tough losses aren't the end of the world.

Just watched this week's ep. Angela Hill was tough but severely outmatched. She'll still get a fight in the UFC. I like her attitude, personality, and nifty elbows for a brief moment in the fight.

Heather Jo Clark does seem like a bit of a pain in the ass- between her and Felice, it's proving the old stereotype of attractive girls being bitches (I know you don't fancy Herrig, Wand, but you have to admit she's a damn sight better than that Aisling Daly). That said, Angela Magana out-heeled her considerably in this ep. It's funny how she was sick of Heather complaining, but by the end of it I was more sick of Angela.

Really like this show so far, using it to create a UFC division is one of the best moves they could have made. It's a pity the coaches have absolutely nothing to say to each other though. Team Pettis 4-0, and Showtime can't even rub it in just a bit.

• Paid Members

(I know you don't fancy Herrig, Wand, but you have to admit she's a damn sight better than that Aisling Daly).

Marginally. It's not saying much though, is it? Daly looks someone you'd see on your aunt's bingo team. I just don't see what everyone else seems to see in Herrig. She's rough as an unwaxed arsehole to me. If she dressed and acted like Sara McMann I don't think she'd have this undeserved rep as being hot at all.

And Daly seems cool as fuck on twitter and stuff. Wouldn't be my cup of tea for a one night stand but she's way more likeable than Felice Herrig.

Heather Jo Clark does seem like a bit of a pain in the ass- between her and Felice, it's proving the old stereotype of attractive girls being bitches

Joanne Calderwood is considerably more attractive than Herrig in my opinion (although unconventional) and she seems the polar opposite of a bitch. That Alex Chambers as well. There's a hint of the Nigella Lawsons about her. Way fitter than Faceache Felice, and she seems nice enough in interviews.

Herrig is rotten. Psuedo hottie, and annoying to boot. I hope Clark batters her, and I don't even particularly like Clark. Good to have someone to root against in there though.

Oh, I've definitely got a soft spot for JoJo. She's the kind of girl you could bring home to meet the family. Pretty for sure, and seems like a lovely lass all around. 

I definitely agree that Felice is dislikable though. She seems way too overconfident, blowing kisses and shit. She's not even ranked highly, is she? I've never seen her fight, my only exposure to her pre-TUF was on a Youtube vid where she's shaking her arse at a weigh in.

• Paid Members

TUF is off until October 22nd apparently;

UFC @ufc

ALERT: @UltimateFighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned will go dark for 2 weeks! Returns: Wed. Oct. 22 w/ ep.5 #TUF20

What's this? Something shit like baseball on?

Archived