UFC Ultimate Fighter 20: Team Pettis vs Team Melendez - Sep 10

wandshogun09

Who becomes first Strawweight champ?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I looked but it doesn't appear to be on there. Probably will be soon though.

The UFC have uploaded some Invicta fights for free here;

http://www.ufc.tv/category/best-of-invicta-fc?utm_campaign=Invicta&utm_source=15600&utm_medium=Twitter%3A+UFC_FightPass&

Leslie Smith vs Kaitlin Young - Invicta 1

Michelle Waterson vs Lacey Schuckman - Invicta 3

Shayna Baszler vs Sarah D'Alelio - Invicta 3

Joanne Calderwood vs Ashley Cummins - Invicta 3

Michelle Waterson vs Jessica Penne - Invicta 5

Sarah Kaufman vs Leslie Smith - Invicta 5

Rose Namajunas vs Kathina Catron - Invicta 5

Tecia Torres vs Rose Namajunas - Invicta 6

From the ones I've seen - Calderwood vs Cummins and Kaufman vs Smith are worth a watch. Waterson vs Penne is an excellent ground fight.

Torres vs Namajunas is the one to watch if you're only going to watch one though. Fucking brilliant fight. My favourite womens fight yet. Better than the Rousey vs Tate fights, although obviously not as big an atmosphere.

• Paid Members

Felice Herrig is saying that some of the other TUF cast members were bullying her at the Fight Night last night and during the press tour they're on.

My girl @carlaesparza1 always has my back. I her and can't wait to see her. Yes it's true. All the girls on the NY PR tour for TUF 20 have been bullying me and being catty and un professional..

I had a hard time dealing with all the bullying.

Just having a quick look at her twitter - Carla Esparza, Bec Hyatt and Angela Hill are backing her up. I've noticed Joanne Calderwood, Tecia Torres, Randa Markos and Heather Jo Clark seem quite pally on twitter as well.

Bit of a cliquey faction war probably went on.

• Paid Members

I've never seen any TUF at all, so I'm tempted to get into it with this one. The whole "birth of a new division" thing is very appealing. Might download some older series afterwards.

• Paid Members

I think I'm changing my pick for the finals. I was thinking Calderwood vs Torres. But I've watched and read some interviews and there's something about how Carla Esparza is talking that makes me think she's in the finals. She was also saying recently that she thinks Claudia Gadelha should get the first shot at the winner of TUF, which seems odd if she doesn't think she's going to be the champion by then.

I'll go with a Calderwood vs Esparza final.

Judging by the UFC's promotion as well, they seem to be high on Rose Namajunas and Bec Rawlings. They're all over the promos and PR stuff. So I'd assume they either go far, or they just really impress with great fights on the show.

• Paid Members

This is tonight then.

I just saw a quote from Dana saying that there's "absolutely another Ronda Rousey on this season."

Where's that salt?

Although Gilbert Melendez kind of backed it up in an interview as well. I'm not buying it though. We've been lied to too many times where TUF's concerned. Like Philippe 'Where Is He Now?' Nover being 'the next GSP'. Not having it.

• Paid Members

He seemed like he was flat-out saying there's another Ronda to me.

"You guys are gonna be blown away. There is another Ronda Rousey on this season of The Ultimate Fighter. Absolutely."

You notice he didn't say 'potentially' or 'could be', he said there 'absolutely' is.

Gilbert Melendez was more cautious with his wording. He did use the word 'potential', but he definitely made it sound like there's one fighter who stands out on this season, and is who Dana's talking about.

"That person is on that show. And, absolutely, that person has the potential to be the next Ronda Rousey. There's a few people, who that have potential. And obviously...the finalists stand out."

I'm taking it all with a massive pinch of salt. But there seems to be someone Dana is very high on who he's positioning as the Uriah Hall 'killer' of the season.

Rose Namajunas tweeted this picture of Pat Barry creepin';

BxLiryCIIAEwKAL.jpg

Haha.

I've never really thoughBec Rawlings was that great but maybe she'll surprise on the show. I've thought Angela Hill has got a fair bit of promotion too, I'd be surprised if she did beat Esparza though.

It does sound like Dana is saying there's a Ronda type who is just destroying people. Randa Markos has said her favourite way to finish is by armbar, maybe she first round armbars everyone on her way to the final. I've got a feeling he's speaking about Rose Namajunas, or maybe I just want my prediction to be right  :unsure:

Archived