UFC Ultimate Fighter 20: Team Pettis vs Team Melendez - Sep 10

wandshogun09

Who becomes first Strawweight champ?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone got a link to the latest ep? Just caught up on ep 6 and 7, but missed today's one.

I realised in watching TUF though that we're going to have a shitload of TUF rematches in the next few months, given that they're using the show to launch a division.

It's strange, all Noah's criticisms there are valid, but I don't particularly notice as I watch the show. Having something legitimate at stake really makes the show watchable again. Because, let's face it, the title of "TUF winner" means nothing nowadays. Ask Colton Smith or Efrain Escudero.

Outside of JoJo, there's not many likable people in the house, is there. Most of them seem like total bitches. I feel like a misogynist for writing that, but they really do seem like nasty people. I thought martial arts was about honor, respect etc. I like Rose though. Mostly as a fighter, with her flashy kicks and flying submissions, she looks to be the most diverse fighter so far.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched today's episode and, honestly, all the bullshit from Magana, Rawlings, Hill and co is making the show pretty frustrating to sit through. They bitch about Tecia Torres and say they will forcibly make her sleep in a different room, but then when she says she'd like to leave until after her fight (which is pretty fair tbh, especially considering Rawlings is involved in it) they all complain that Tecia and Heather are "playing games". It's the worst school yard bullshit. "Scrapettes" and "chumpettes"? Fuck me. 

It's frustrating, because there are good people on this show. The talent is high, there's a lot at stake and there are some interesting characters I'd like to see more of. But these five pricks are just dominating the show and making it a pain to watch.

Saw someone retweeted Magana this morning and her twitter feed from today and last night is embarrassing.

She is completely deluded it's unbelievable.

Dear God. "I'm the best in the world!" I must have missed her being the best in the world while she was getting taken apart by Aisling Daly...

Thank fuck that's Magana and Bec out now, they are bad enough as it is, imagine if they had got further in the tournament! I know Rose is part of it too but I liked her before the show so don't dislike her as much as the other 3 in the group, plus it is Magana and Bec who seem to be the two worst in there.

Now we get the fight that was meant to happen in Invicta - Esparza/Torres! I'm not sure who I'd of picked in normal circumstances but Esparza should have a bit of an advantage, she breezed through Hill while Torres has had 5 hard rounds in a short space of time. I'd like to see Torres win but it's a close one, I'm looking forward to it.

I can get past the lack of coach interaction in this series, because of what's at stake it's still interesting to me. It's not like a normal season like Carwin/Nelson where fuck all was happening with the coaches and I didn't care much about the fighters. Most of these women were known before so I don't have to learn who they are and there is a title on the line so it's the most a TUF has held my interest for a while.

Next round shaping up nicely. I'm picking Markos, Daly, Namajunas and Esparza to proceed. I think Markos will drag Felice into a scappy fight with takedowns and GnP and beat her up bad, I'd like to see JoJo win (kudos for calling out the Scrappettes on booing - btw they call themselves that but everyone of them lost 1st round so they should be the Chumpettes) but Rose has impressed me the most in the cage despite becoming involved in the bitching. I think on the 1st round showing Esparza's got too much for Tecia but should be a good fightand hoping SBG's own Aisling wins the whole thing. Seems very genuine (her watching UFC Dublin was a series highlight) and can fight. The image of her pounding the shit out Mangana was straight karma!

• Paid Members

Yeah, Daly's one of my favourites on the show. She seems like one of the most normal in there. Calderwood as well. They're not getting dragged into the schoolyard bollocks.

More from Magana's twitter;

Should I get fake boobs like miesha. Will it help me with takedowns.

.@MercerCreed @MieshaTate If vitor had some fake boobies like Miesha they would of protected him from Anderson's front kick #ufc

Do you need an exemption from the athletic commission in nevada for saline tit bags?

If Miesha shaved off that nose she could make atomweight and fight The Karatie Hottie in Invicta. What a sexy match.

What the fuck's wrong with her? I'm not Miesha's biggest fan but I'd love to see her batter this knob. She's so desperate for this 15 minutes of fame to continue. Wasn't she all religion and hippy energy sun worship shite? She's been anything but what she preached early in the show. Horrible little cretin.

I hope they give her someone good at the finale. Hope she gets smashed out of the UFC.

• Paid Members

Looking at twitter, I think I know who wins the Markos vs Herrig fight this week;

Markos.

She's retweeted this today...

Knockoutradio @knockoutradio

Just watched @randamma vs @feliceherrig & winner will return to @knockoutradio on Thursday. Another great episode that u don't want to miss

Would be a bit weird if she's plugging Felice Herrig's radio appearances.

• Paid Members

Herrig going out in that manner was pretty sweet. Nifty finish by Randa. And I liked the little bursting the bubble bit at the weigh in. Turned out to be a bit prophetic.

Randa's becoming a bit of a Julianna Pena of this TUF. No-one knew much about her coming in, she was seeded #14 out of 16 women and she's emerged as a real threat. She's one of the few likable women in the house as well. Very satisfying seeing her beat Herrig.

This is worth a watch as well.

TUF Talk with Randa Markos and Carla Esparza;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=jtGxvTpHM4k

Randa - "You're the ugliest person I've ever met. Inside and out."

Ouch!

You wonder if the UFC set this up with plans for these two to fight. Maybe at the finale? I'm on Team Randa. Both Esparza and Herrig have came off as childish twats.

I usually think Karyn Bryant's pretty useless but I think she touched on something spot on about Esparza when she asked if she had a problem training with people like Randa because she didn't want to show her cards. I think that's exactly the problem. Esparza also kicked up a fuss about training with Tecia Torres and Randa said Esparza wouldn't train with Calderwood or Daly either. I think she's insecure about training with anyone she sees as a threat.

I think the show has picked up in recent weeks; what with Rose Namajamapyjama's impressive performance, that Irish lass whipping that bitch Mangana like some clinically fed up Roy Nelson and if you take that quiz show bullshit out, this was my favourite episode so far. 

I liked how it built up a rivalry during the hour and left me wanting to see Randa batter that oily rag Herrig, which she duly did. Despite Calderwood and Namanunchuka being my personal favourites, this episode left me wanting to see a Esparza v Randa final!

Anyway, trousers down and tissues out lads, Conor is on next week's episode!

• Paid Members

B27JWZ9CAAAWhpz.jpg

I forgot about the McGregor appearance next week. I'm hoping that spurs Daly on to beat Penne. That's one of the hardest fights to call yet for me. I think Penne has the edge in grappling and I've got a feeling she'll come out on top, but Daly's ground game is good as well and I'd give her the striking advantage. Then they're seeded #4 and #5. It's a tough call.

This is what I like about this season. Not only is there something real on the line other than just the now almost meaningless 'TUF winner' title, but it's hard to predict who will walk away with the title. I've said I think we're getting an Esparza vs Calderwood final from quite early on but there's four or five women who I could see winning the whole thing, and a whole bunch of possibilities for the final fight. Usually on TUF there's one clear cut favourite but this one feels wide open. I could see any of Esparza, Calderwood, Namajunas, Torres or Markos reaching the finals now. And I wouldn't be overly confident in picking a winner in any combination of those fights.

Oh yeah, Angela Magana's descent into insanity on twitter continues. She's been randomly having a pop at Bisping now which led to a little back and forth. She seems so erratic I'm starting to think she's got actual psychological issues.

Oh yeah, Angela Magana's descent into insanity on twitter continues. She's been randomly having a pop at Bisping now which led to a little back and forth. She seems so erratic I'm starting to think she's got actual psychological issues.

It's called being a cunt.

Herrig's not much better, and nor is Esparza, who seems to be developing into more of a self-centred bitch now that the competition is revolving around fewer and fewer fighters.

Daly beating Magana and Markos beating Herrig are two of the most satisfying TUF wins I can remember for a long time.

Have to agree with Wand that anyone can take this, I wouldn't be overly confident picking against any of the women still in.

• Paid Members

While I'm enjoying the season, I'm stunned at how so many of the women involved are doing their best to reinforce every negative stereotype about their gender.

Joanne Calderwood agrees with you;

I never thought doing what I love to do would end up with me being a role model, it's not a role im comfortable with if I'm honest but it is pretty cool letting people know, especially youngsters that if you work hard you can follow your dreams. It took so long for (female)fighters to get the recognition they deserve as professional athletes. Just watched the next episode of tuf and it's just sad to see how others are representing (woman's) MMA and instead of showcasing professional athletes they're living up to some of the stereotypes that held us back for so long.

Daly beating Magana and Markos beating Herrig are two of the most satisfying TUF wins I can remember for a long time.

Yeah, I'd probably have to go all the way back to Efrain spanking Junie Browning on TUF 8 for a more feel-good Iron Sheik humbling than Daly-Magana and Markos-Herrig.

I say 'humbling' but it hasn't really worked out that way going by Magana's and Herrig's carrying on on twitter and stuff since their losses. Still, made for such satisfying viewing.

Archived