"Titz n Azz" Rick "The Legend" Has Returned to the UKF

RickTheLegend

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The highest rating Nitro had during Russo's first run was 3.4. Six weeks before he came in, they were doing 4.0 and 4.1. On the whole, the ratings were the same high 2s and low 3s under him and Ferrara as they had been for months -- which wasn't the result that they, as the big-money WWF guys, were supposed to get.

• Paid Members

Russo is so shit, its quite sad now. Especially after the revelation he blew all his money opening a CD warehouse. Which is sidesplitting. All his WCW and WWE money was blown opening a CD shop during a period where they were all going out of business. Nothing this man does makes any sense. Now he's doing the last resort a skint ex-wrestling personality does. Try and squeeze money out of fans on the internet. He's a fucking clown.

AN OPEN LETTER TO VINCE, STEPH & HHH FROM A FAN OF THE WWE–ME

Dear Vince, Stephanie and Hunter,

First let me apologize for my rant last night on Russo on Raw. I’m Italian, I’m emotional, I’m sorry I get that way sometimes . . . come to think of it you probably witnessed it first hand in a galaxy far, far away—many light years ago. The truth is—I hate to criticize RAW, I really do. Having been there and done that I realize how difficult it is to come up with two hours of compelling content every week—let alone three. The job is not easy, I understand that, and nobody can be criticized for TRYING and giving their BEST EFFORT—nobody. But . . . the question I have to ask is: “Is what we see every Monday Night honestly and truly your best effort? I just know that having worked with all three of you in the past, I don’t think any of us would have been satisfied, or even ALLOWED last night’s show to air in its final form. Are we seriously not better than that? What happened to our mantra during the Attitude Era when this week’s show was going to be better than last weeks? Remember that, Vince?

I don’t know what it is. I don’t know the structure, because I am not there, but nobody—NOBODY—can tell me that with a bit more effort you couldn’t be doing better than what WE THE PEOPLE are being exposed to every Monday Night. Look—we all love wrestling, we are all HUGE fans of the WWE and in all truthfulness—WE WANT TO LIKE THE SHOW!!! But, you just make it so difficult. Asking anybody to sit through three hours of what you’re currently putting on the air is not only asking too much . . .but, it’s also unfair.

Look, I’m not going to tell you what to do, or how to do it, who am I? All I’m asking is that you all ask each other—is this the best that World Wrestling Entertainment has to offer its fans? If the answer is yes, that I guess I’ve just over-rated you, however, I think we all know that’s not the answer. I don’t think any of you can walk away from that building on Monday night honestly believing that you had just put your best foot forward. I don’t believe that for a second.

Right now, you have an UNBELIEVABLE talent roster, up and down from first match to main event, but the writing and producing of the show is just not serving them justice. You have to know that. What happened to the work ethic and the commitment that we all shared during the Attitude Era? What happened to that passion, when we literally use to leave our own BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS on the script that we wrote. If something didn’t exceed our expectations we were sick over it for days—I know I was.

Vince, Stephanie, Triple H, YES we will always be here no matter what. We support you, and we support the WWE, but the truth is . . . we deserve better. And, deep down inside I know that you know that.

With 1,000% sincerity.

Peace,

Your Former Head Writer

Vince Russo

Who wastes this much time copy and pasting when trolling?  And why troll the UKFF?  We're a forum essentially composed of ex-wrestling trolls.  This is the one place on the internet where the "lol ROH is shit and Kevin Nash IS wrestling" opinion is the majority view.

Didn't I read that WWE re-hired Vince Russo a few years ago but he got let go on his first day back?  That takes some doing.  He must be a right old twatstick nowadays to get that sort of treatment.

It took me my entire adult life to finally figure this thing out, but thank God with still some time left on the clock I finally have! Going forward, I’ve made the decision that I am only going to work with those who want to work with me. You know, those who actually “appreciate” me both as a human being and a professional. I’ve ranted about this several time before—RIGHT HERE—and now it’s time for me to practice what I preach. It’s time to work with those in my life that are going to lift me up, and make me a better person overall, opposed to those that are going to drag me down to their living hell with them.

During my time at the WWE, I was treated with the utmost respect by pretty much everyone I ever worked with. From Vince McMahon and his entire family, to people like Kevin Dunn and his television production crew I was treated with the same honor and dignity that I showed them. And, even though we would have our differences here and there, for the most part I felt like family when it came to the talent. Back then we all had the same goal—to be the absolute best that we could be. I went to WCW, you know the story. I went to TNA, the saga continued. I swear during my last few weeks at TNA I felt like a child with Dixie Carter and John Gaburick being the scolding mom and dad. “No, Vince, you can’t say that. No, Vince, you can’t do that.” And, the funny thing was that I had more experience in doing what I was doing for their company—then the both of them combined! But that, my friends is water under the beautiful and iconic Brooklyn Bridge—the structure that duly represents where I was born 53 years ago.

sat1-300x204.jpgIt was almost a year ago that I heard from Joel and Wil Maximo, you may best know them as the “Spanish Assault Team”. Now, in the early stages of TNA, when the SAT were literally kids, we had them on our show at the urging of Jeremy Borash. At the time Jeremy was putting these guys over like they were the ORIGINAL Briscoe Brothers. When they finally arrived at the scene and I witnessed what they could do first hand in the ring, I was absolutely blown away! There guys were everything JB said they were and a whole lot more. From there we worked together for the next few years, and even though they never made it quite up to main event status, I always treated them as if they were. I’ve always treated talent that way throughout my entire wrestling career, because without talent—YOU HAVE NOTHING.

sat2-300x262.jpgApparently, Joel and Wil never forgot that—they actually appreciated what I was genuinely trying to do for them. That’s why when they called me about a year ago and told me that they started their own promotion in Brooklyn called, Fighting Wrestling Spirit, and they wanted me to be a part of it—I was truly honored and humbled and told them that I would do anything I could o help them with their live out their dream. After all these years of me chasing who knows what, I finally came to the understanding that all I ever really wanted was to be “appreciated” for my efforts. It was never about money, it was never about fame, it was never about my own glory, all it was about was feeling “wanted”.

We rarely show each other that kind of respect today—hardly ever. In this freakin’ rat race called like, we are so wrapped up with “getting ahead”, that we put ourselves in constant competition with each other. At this point—I’m too old and tired for that. I want to surround myself with those who are actually going to make me feel “worthy”, and “significant”. I am convinced that when we all reach the middle of our lives on this planet—our Halftime—we should all switch our focus from SUCCESS TO SIGNIFICANCE. There will be nothing more rewarding to our very soul. It’s now time to MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Be SIGNIFICANT in somebody elses life!!!

Honestly, I can’t wait for the show—the brothers have already promise REAL New Yawk Pizza and Yoo-Hoo upon my plane touching down at JFK. At the second plateau in my life—I really wouldn’t choose to be in a better place then this.

Now, as long as the Maximos put me on last and I go over—all will be good!!!

maximus.jpg

(The name of the show is LUDUS Maximus, and it is the third anniversary show of Fighting Wrestling Spirit. The event will take place on Saturday, October 11th, 8pm, at 133 29th Street, Brooklyn New York. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at Fightingwrestlingspirit.com. I will also be doing a special Q & A before the evenings event! Come out and support the Maximos—I look forward to meeting you all!!!)

Archived