"Titz n Azz" Rick "The Legend" Has Returned to the UKF

RickTheLegend

• Paid Members

im sure i remember him posting about how how great Russo was for WCW, and how ratings improved a lot under Russo's reign despite such things getting in the way as facts

Someone posting bollocks and ignoring facts hardly makes them unique on here.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im sure i remember him posting about how how great Russo was for WCW, and how ratings improved a lot under Russo's reign despite such things getting in the way as facts

Someone posting bollocks and ignoring facts hardly makes them unique on here.

well yeah but it was along the lines of we were sheep, we were the reasons WCW ended, it was like Russo was David Koresh and he was a follower!

• Paid Members

I have no memory of this guy ever posting here, and I'm usually straight in there with the nutters.

You didn't miss anything.

Most of the idiots on here have had at least some entertainment value but this bloke is just boring. All he does is make ridiculously long, rambling posts that make no sense to anybody but himself and then fucks off. He's basically the gimmick poster equivilent of that cunt in the real world that puts so much effort into trying to come off as "wacky and fun" that they come off as anything but.

Wow he's worse than me and seems to be disliked more already...happy days.

He's not disliked, he's just stupid. You're disliked because you're full of shit and you keep watching something you don't like just to bitch about it.

I think he's got Aspergers or something. I now feel bad about calling him a loser.

Holy shit man. My whole life I've been wondering what was so different with me then everyone else. Why I sat at the lunch table alone, why the girls never talked to me but the other boys, the reason I was picked last in kick ball. Seriously my whole fucking life then I come on this forum and google this one word that you type.

Aspergers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

I'm reading through this and I'm just simply amazed by everything that relates to me

restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests

physical clumsiness

failure to develop friendships or to seek shared enjoyments or achievements with others

impaired nonverbal behaviors in areas such as eye contact, facial expression, posture, and gesture

People with AS may not be as withdrawn around others compared to those with other, more debilitating forms of autism; they approach others, even if awkwardly

All of these years... and a poster on a freakin internet message board found it out for me, not a doctor, not a teacher... but a freakin internet message board poster.

But wait a second....

Why does any of this even matter....

We are suppose to stay on topic here and remember one thing....

RUSSO OWNZ U

TNARICK OWNZ U

How about you go and dig up the ratings from WCW 1999 or WCW 2000 when Russo had his 3 MONTH stints and the evidence is in the freaking ratings if you want to go look them up THAT RUSSO DID TAKE THE RATINGS UP.. YOUR A MORON IF YOU DENY SIMPLE TRUTH IN FACTS. IF YOU DONT WANT TO DIG THEM UP I WILL BE HAPPY TO DIG THEM UP.

Not to mention TNA's highest ratings were under one of the LITTLE FEW TIMES, that RUSSO WAS ACTUALLY GIVEN FULL CONTROL IN TNA, and not stuck in a committee.

SO instead of being a dumb sheep,,, L00K AT THE FACTS!

Or keep looking stupid like you all do.

Keep watching ROH , its your waste of time and energy that you are spending PRETENDING TO BE INTERESTED IN A BORING PRODUCT!

pyroandballyhoo.com

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME: WCW 1999-2000

he 15th year anniversary of the first show that Ed Ferrara and myself wrote and produced for WCW—NITRO. October 18, 1999, is vastly closing in on us. Honestly, not sure really why, but, I’ve been thinking about that moment in time quite a bit as of late. Maybe it’s because these days as I’ve committed to this website and am writing more on a daily basis than I ever have before, I’m having much time to reflect on both what was . . . and, what might have been. There was so much excitement going to WCW with Ed, just so much to do, so much to create. One night that I can vividly remember just days before Ed and I got “the book”, we were in Atlanta working at the time, and we figured we’d go to one of our favorite fine dining spots to grab some dinner—Hooters. This is a shoot–I actually believe that I am the only dude that actually goes to Hooters not to enjoy the scenery, but because I actually love the chicken wings. I can remember of this particular night, Ed and I split FIFTY WINGS, and just sat there eating, and gleefully talking about the task that lie before us.

hooters-wings.jpg

And, just for the record . . . Fast Eddie ate WAY MORE WINGS than yours truly.

Going into WCW I knew at the time that Ed and I would need three months to get our pieces into place. Our first 90 days on the job would be to undo many of the things that WCW creative was doing before we came in, and install our parts, and get them on track of where they needed to be. That process was going to be the most important, as we needed to build the foundation first, before we could begin to put up the walls and hang the drapes. Thankfully, we never had to worry about putting a ceiling in place, because our vision was based on there not being one. Every player on the roster—both male and female—were going to have the same opportunity. There was going to be no politics involved whatsoever, you were going to climb the ladder of success based on your hard work, merit and dedication—period. All the talent had to do was come to play—and me and Fast Eddie would do the rest.

I never in my wildest dreams thought for a second that 13 shows in, with the 13th being the highest rated of our tenure there, that Bill Bush would be worked by others into believing that a “new direction” was needed. Could you imagine the President of the United States having 13 weeks to turn the country around? And, yes, this task was just as daunting as that one would have been–trust me. When Ed and I came aboard at WCW, the last two weeks of ratings were a 2.9, and a 2.6, when I exited on January 10, 2000, we were up to a 3.4, and just hitting our stride. You can look those numbers up—it seems that nobody else wants to talk about them aside from Ed and myself because it seems not to work within the mainframe of the “Vince Russo Killed WCW” story. At that point, there was no doubt that together Ed and I had built a strong foundation—now it was time to build up.

russoedkeller.jpg

What could have happened from there is anybody’s guess. When I was called back to work three months later, the rating was right back to where it was before Ed and I started, and I knew that we had lost the audience. My experience told me that we probably wouldn’t be able to get them back. We had them the first three months, lost them when I went away, and to ask them to come back again? That was going to be a challenging task to say the least. As the story goes, with 18 months now left on my contract, I was brought back to work WITH Eric Bischoff. No, I will not take full responsibility for anything that happened beyond that point. I was no longer 100% in charge of creative, nor did I have the ability to freely do what I thought needed to be done. Under that structure, I actually worked six months out of the 18 I had left, and spent the rest of the 12 at home, trying to overcome post-concussion syndrome and depression.

Those are the facts. So as far as me killing a company that had been around for decades? Again, look at your numbers. After the first three months Ed and I had the ratings on the upstream after building our foundation—so there was clearly no murder there, and then while I was back on creative for six months out of the next 18, I was not in control, and didn’t have the ability to do what I did best.

But, to this very day, I still ponder — what if Ed and I were allowed to go beyond the first three months—what truly could have been? The talent that was at our disposal, both veterans and rookies, and of course all those in the middle that were never given a real opportunity. Where could we have taken the company if Bill Bush was committed to our vision, and if AOL really would had taken an interest in the wrestling arm of Time-Warner? It’s just that haunting feeling of that painting that was never finished, or that book that the author stopped writing before he got to THE END.

With that roster, an even playing field, and two of the best at what they did with me and ED, what would have held us back if it wasn’t the politics? That roster, OMG–that roster! The potential. The ideas. The determination to succeed. What would the end result have been? Would WCW still be around even today? And, if it was, might it possibly be doing even better in the ratings than that three-hour snooze-fest that is thrown out there every Monday night.

Sad . . . . but, I guess we’ll just never know.

Or . . . will we? (Stay tuned…)

pyroandballyhoo.com

I told you early on that if you were going to follow me on my website, that I was going to share my inner most feelings and thoughts with you while holding nothing back. The reason is two-fold, I believe in honesty and it’s also therapeutic to me.

I went to church this morning with my wife Amy as I do every Sunday morning. Today the message was loud and clear—put others before yourself and make “community”—the bonding with others—a priority in your life. I’ll just tell you–as a sinning Christian—I hate community. I do best when I’m alone–by myself. That’s just me–just who I am. However, in a constant effort to improve my walk daily I understand that I must get better at this. I need to put myself out there–as uncomfortable as that may be for me–and bond with other people. Extend my family, so to speak.

Every Sunday when I leave the church grounds I can’t help but think of my career and my personal experiences in the wrestling business—especially with how I “bonded” with others. I look back, and I know that I tried my best to be the best Vince Russo that I could be. I made it a point to treat everybody who I ever crossed with the utmost respect, even if we didn’t always see eye to eye. Did I screw up here and there? Of course I did, but that’s only because I’m human. I never claimed to be perfect, as a matter of fact—I’m far from it. Today, as I sit outside of the wrestling bubble, I can tell you with the clearest conscience that nobody in the wrestling business has heat with ME—NOBODY. I honestly don’t have an unkind word to say about anybody on a personal level. Of course, when it comes to business you are going to have your differences, but I rarely let business get in the way of personal–two very different things. I have to admit, that right now there may be some heat on my part as it pertains to some in TNA Management, but that is because they crossed that line from professional to personal when they accused me of certain things that I was innocent of. Yeah—that pissed me off. Yeah—that put me in full promo mode. And yeah—I’m also just about over it.

Outside of that, there’s nobody I carry any ill will towards. Yes, I get sick and tired of the same individuals who constantly bury me, but—that’s on them—I don’t extend the same dark hatred back. The past is the past, and holding meaningless grudges is just something that I don’t believe in. But yet, as I look to line-up my guests for my upcoming podcasts, I’m constantly thinking about—who do I have heat with . . . and why? There are A LOT of people who hate me, but was there ever a face-to-face encounter with any of these people? No. Did I ever disrespect any of these people? No. Did I go out in public and cut personal promos on any of these people? No. Yes, I may have made the mistake of making a knee-jerk comment here or there that I do apologize for, but, as I stated—I’M FAR FROM PERFECT. However, on-going abusive rants and tirades? Never from my mouth—NEVER. So, then what is it? Why can’t those I worked in the past with separate business from personal as easily as I can? I don’t HATE any of those who hate me, don’t even “dislike” them on a personal level–honestly.

I had a good friend of mine on my podcast today, Keith Elliot Greenberg, a best-selling author who I worked with on the WWF Magazine from 1994-1999. I have stayed in touch with him over the years. Keith perhaps knows and understand wrestling better than any one I know—and he has a sixth sense when it comes to the psyche of the professional wrestler. Today, while we were chit-chatting, I posed the question to Keith—”Why can’t wrestlers differentiate professional from personal?” Keith’s answer slapped me upside the head.

“Because, Vince, even though it was business to you . . . it was personal to them. Your professional decisions had an impact on their lives. Therefore . . . it was personal to them . . . it was real.”

HOLY !@#$%!

Honestly–I had just never looked at it that way before. When I was writing for three different wrestling companies over my career—I took it as a job, I never let my personal feelings get involved. I was responsible for putting on the best show we were capable of and that included making tough decisions on ALL the talent that I was working with. Yes, their future did somewhat sit in my hands, however, they had some say-so as to “WHAT” they handed me. If the audience bought them—they were on the show, if they didn’t—they weren’t. And, nothing was based on my opinion—-it was all based on the numbers we would get from the network. To me . . . that’s all that really mattered. That told you the story. It was truly just “business”.

Look, I guess it comes down to this, if I had the ability to put everybody on LAST and then put them OVER–then that’s what I would have done—but—that wasn’t an option. Some had to win . . . some had to lose. Some got pushed . . . some didn’t. It would have been IMPOSSIBLE for me to make everybody happy. You can only have so many main eventers headline a two-hour show.  I did the job to the best of my ability, and at the end of the day—that’s all I could have done. I guess I’m pouring this all out here because I don’t know how to fix it. I don’t want to have heat–that I don’t even know about–due to a decision I made 10 years ago because I felt it was the best thing for the company at the time. If there are people out there still festering over some of those decisions–I’m truly sorry. If I hurt ANYBODY I’m sorry. But again–nothing was personal from my side–nothing.

Man, life is just too short to carry grudges, and I’m really tired of it to tell you the truth. So, if I did somebody wrong over the years from anybody’s perspective that I worked with–please take this as an apology. I just hope that there will some day be a point when you can tell me about it—-and then we can talk it out. My door is open—you know where to find me. Let’s make an effort to just do it the right way and make peace. Screw the hate—I’m willing to go as far as I need to.

Peace.

Archived