Bojack Horseman - Another Netflix Original

King Pitcos

Anyone been watching Bojack Horseman? I'm not a big animation fan and if I had diplomatic immunity I'd happily shoot almost anyone who has ever been involved in an Adult Swim cartoon, but I'm about four or five episodes into this and really enjoying it. It's about a washed-up 90s sitcom star who is a horse.

• Paid Members

Honestly, sounds both very much like an Adult Swim high-concept show (a ass who is a cop! Stereotyped minorities who fight stereotyped bigots! That Frisky Dingo bollocks!), and a Mad-lib

Bobcat Goldthwaite is a racist shock jock who is a fern.

"Great... we'll call it Shrubby Bigot!

Yeah, it sounded (and looks) very Adult Swim, that was why I was surprised to find I liked it. No doubt Eric and Tim will pop up in the next episode and put me off it now.

Did I make this thread or was it split off from the Netflix or TV show thread?

• Paid Members

I love Tim and Eric. Seen the first two episodes of this and it's decent enough, I imagine it could grow on you. I enjoy the random animal/people mix and the whole washed up former star bit. Nice to see Netflix try something new. Will report back after more episodes. 

Watched first 4 episodes and I'm starting to warm to it,not much of an animated show fan so surprised I didn't instantly hate it.Quite like the annoying dog character.

Spence from King of Queens has voiced a few characters so far, unless I'm mixing his voice up with someone completely different.

• Paid Members

I had to look up who Aaron Paul was but I'll admit I gave it a shot because of Will Arnett (despite him having really done nothing of worth outside of Arrested Development and Blades of Glory I am still a sucker for him).

You not seen The Lego Movie then? He steals the whole thing.

• Moderators

I am enjoying this more and more as it goes on; I have just a couple episodes left in the series now. Mr Peanutbutter is a fantastic character and props to SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Princess Carolyn's new boyfriend who is three children stacked up on top of each other - really made me laugh

Archived