Best and worst entrance theme ever?

RETRO-WRESTLING

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vaguely remember we done a top 50 or 100 themes a year or two back, but can't find it in the search. I recall it being a really good thread too.

Please tell me i'm not going mental and it did exist, and is anybody able to find it or has it dropped off the face of the net.

Doesn't feel like that long ago either, but taking my terrible sense of time into account, i'm half expecting to be told it was 5 years ago or something :(

Always like Owen Harts too..

Owen had a couple of awful ones too, most notably this horror:-

"I SNAPPED!"

That's a classic in my books.

I'm not keen on Cult of Personality, though I did like the Killswitch Engage one. I don't think I was that fussed by the Killswitch one until he had his latest one. The opening chord followed by the crowd going mental at MITB 11 will long live in the memory. It had a much more energetic start than his latest one.

Superstar Billy Graham's theme was great -

I also remember enjoying WWE's music on the menu of his 20 Years Too Soon DVD which I guess is what they use in place of this theme.

• Moderators

I'm not sure if Billy Graham ever actually used that exactly. When he came in for his comeback he used Bad to the Bone, and the Jesus Christ Superstar theme he used later that I always heard was just the fanfare on repeat which later became The Rock's theme.

Always like Owen Harts too..

Owen had a couple of awful ones too, most notably this horror:-

I always thought that one was pretty brutal too. Though the soundbites in that version make it.. "I was a victim!".. Reminds me of the old Warzone game actually.

Another classic.

Wrestlers singing their own tunes needs to come back. Who would have been the last to do it?

For me, my personal favourite will always be:

http://WWW..youtube.com/watch?v=mlBmT-gr4AA

Could never believe Biker Taker identifying with Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit - so when this first came along, I LOVED it. Fit the character perfectly, and let us know that the proverbial was about to hit the fan.

As for my most detested...

I ADORE the original Val Venis theme - to the point where if it comes on, and a towel is nearby, there WILL be embarrassing poses.

So imagine my disgust mid 2000, just after Trish starts managing him, and it gets a TECHNO REMIX. What the flying fuck was that all about?

Archived