This is the worst match, I've ever been in...

tiger_rick

From memory with Taker vs. Flair, the Last Ride was attempted but botched, hence the Tombstone.

Flair 'sandbagged' the finish by his own admission, and wasn't really 100% fully up and running yet. Still, i love that match.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Flair 'sandbagged' the finish by his own admission

To be fair, I wouldn't have fancied taking a Last Ride at his age either.

vs Yokozuna, Royal Rumble 1994. A slow, slow match during which I may have died of boredom myself, the 10 or so heels it took to get him into the Casket, followed by that video where he declares he'll never die, followed by him levitating out of the screen. Just all kinds of awful.

I watched this with my sister and her idiot of a then-boyfriend and got bullied about it for months. At least until she dumped him.

• Paid Members
I watched this with my sister and her idiot of a then-boyfriend and got bullied about it for months. At least until she dumped him.

I know Undertaker-related bullying is unlikely to be why she dumped him, but upon first reading, I assumed it was.

• Paid Members

I've always liked that Royal Rumble 1994 match. Was unlike anything I'd ever seen at the time. I'm a big fan of Yoko too so I was looking forward to it. I remember the first time I watched it was at my Grandads. I was staying over and had procured the precious VHS from someone. I watched it relatively late at night for the then 13 year old me. I seriously thought I'd dreamed the aftermath of that match. I had to watch it back the next day to be sure.

It's fucking ace though. So brilliantly done. Hokey as hell like but still. All casket matches should have a camera inside the coffin so we can get a brilliantly freaky post-match interview. Also useful for the police when Kane sets them on fire.

I know Undertaker-related bullying is unlikely to be why she dumped him, but upon first reading, I assumed it was.

She was perfectly happy with the Undertaker bullying, it was when the ex-chap made comments about Bret that she got rid.

What that says about my sister, I'm not sure...

• Paid Members
She was perfectly happy with the Undertaker bullying, it was when the ex-chap made comments about Bret that she got rid.

What that says about my sister, I'm not sure...

Bret, you say.....

..... is she currently single?

I've always liked that Royal Rumble 1994 match. Was unlike anything I'd ever seen at the time. I'm a big fan of Yoko too so I was looking forward to it. I remember the first time I watched it was at my Grandads. I was staying over and had procured the precious VHS from someone. I watched it relatively late at night for the then 13 year old me. I seriously thought I'd dreamed the aftermath of that match. I had to watch it back the next day to be sure.

It's fucking ace though. So brilliantly done. Hokey as hell like but still. All casket matches should have a camera inside the coffin so we can get a brilliantly freaky post-match interview. Also useful for the police when Kane sets them on fire.

I got into wrestling when a classmate lent me a home taped copy of KOTR '94 (still my favourite event of all time for purely nostalgic reasons (plus Owen vs. 123 Kid) - my main concern after seeing KOTR was wondering where Undertaker was because he was all over the sticker album I got, and he was my favourite on Royal Rumble on the SNES.

I remember watching that Rumble '94 match slap-bang in the middle of the 'Corporate 'Taker' storyline leading into Summerslam '94, and it's weird because Ted's 'Taker was my first on WWF TV, meaning the guy who got destroyed at the Rumble seemed a bit off compared to 'Ted's original' in his look, mannerisms, etc.

Basically, I wonder if, on some primal level, I'd mark out should fake Taker ever come back in, admittedly, the most unlikely of returns. And to come back to topic - as a fan, Summerslam 94 was my least favourite Undertaker match because it was, a, not good, and b, the guy I had down as the real Undertaker lost. So bad both retrospectively and at-the-time-ively.

Have to agree on the undertaker v undertaker match being the worst. I always enjoyed the match against yoko. Just for the finishfest when he got killed. It was memorable. Taker v taker was just rotten. Performed in front of a silent crowd. Probably cause nobody in the building knew who to cheer for.

Khali Vs Undertaker has yet to be mentioned. The one where Khali basically squashes Taker. Don't think I've ever watched the whole match, but I know the reviews where bad and the blow off last man standing match got bumped off a PPV and onto Smackdown because of the quality of the previous matches IIRC.

I think Taker/Khali was pretty good as far as Khali matches go and it was pretty cool to see Taker putting someone over like that. The second match was pretty unique though in that it seemed they made a conscious call to stop Khali working on live TV, I don't know if that was ever confirmed though...

Don't hate, especially if you've not even seen it. Khali's matches always get slated but when the context and storyline is good and the guy his with can suit his style, the matches can be a superb special attraction. In an era where the unstoppable monster was virtually an old time punch line (especially ones who feuded with taker) this match got Khali over huge. That far outweighs it's lack of technical profficiency.

I love Khali, mind, so I'm the other end of the spectrum to this probably. But I bet right-minded folk are more than happy to give this match a pass.

• Paid Members

I don't think it's been mentioned yet but I thought Undertaker vs Sid at WrestleMania 13 was awful. Just really boring and plodding. Felt like it lasted a month as well. Didn't help that it had to follow the Bret-Austin Submission match and the Nation vs LOD/Ahmed Street Fight either. It was already a poor match, following those two matches just made its shitness stand out even more.

Was it that match where Sid shat himself or was that another time? To be honest I nearly shit myself out of boredom.

Seems the generally consensus is that Taker v Taker was the shittest ever! Doesn't help that both men used the same mannerisms, same moves and same plodding style that bombed numerous Taker matches from 90-95.

I thought his matches with Kama where particular dull. Nothing in those matches grabbed me. But then taker came off a string of shit matches w Yokozuna, Gonzales, Bundy and others. In fact looking at it now it's shocking how the character lasted and became the icon it did. Given that in today's WWE he'd have bombed out in a year. Shows the evolution of wrestling and the expectations of it's fans.

Straying away from the same people mentioned multiple times, the Bret Hart match at Rumble 95 was awful given both men's abilities. I know it's been mentioned once before. I thought his matches with Snuka and Roberts at wrestlemania 7 & 8 were terrible though understand the need for them to be as they were

Archived