Xbox One thread

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest, im not too clued up on kinect, i know how the old one works, on xbox 360, but do i need it to be able to "talk" to my xbox? Its a nerd thing to do, but talking to a console sorta appeals to me, well aside from swearing at it, as i do that anyway, gamer rage :p

Yeah, you need it for the voice commands, outside that it's really only good for the Xbox fitness app (which is moving to pay only in a couple of months anyway), and dance games. It's been pretty much abandoned by games developers.

so is Destiny all it's cracked up to be?

I still can't really put a better description on it than 'Borderlands made by Bungie'. It's beautiful, plays great, with good online features. But, it's dry, lacks a bit of character and has silly load times. If you like FPS and the Diablo/Borderlands level and loot progression chase but aren't bothered by an engaging story then it's for you. If you want a strong narrative this isn't going to cut it.

Microsoft have just bought Mojang the creators of Minecraft for a whopping 2.5 billion dollars, and Notch and the other founders have left. It sounds fucking mental to me but Minecraft is pretty huge right now, they have merch all over the place too.

Anyone played the XB1 version yet? Is it worth upgrading to?

Yeah i can't see it getting much bigger, thats why it sounds mental to me. Maybe they have some other plans but apart from MC the devs are totally unknown, the other game they were working on was Scrolls which looked awful and Notch probably took that with him.

I've just remembered that MS also own Rare and Lionhead, what was the last good game made by Rare? I remember when there were most peoples fav console game developer but they seemed to vanish after that Banjo game with the cars.

It's at it's peak I'd imagine, but there are always more and more kids getting to the age of Minecraft so there's definite sustainability. Notch has basically admitted he wasn't equipped or prepared to manage a multi-million dollar company, and didn't want to either. He's happy taking his chunk of the 2.5bn and going back to his bedroom to code for the rest of his life.

As for Microsoft's plans? Minecraft 2.0. I'd bet the farm on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you guys tried your hand at D4? I don't think I could put my experience into words.

Don't get too invested in the story, you probably won't be able to reach the end as this 1st season is selling really fucking badly, 10,000 sales worldwide and the devs aren't even working on season 2 now.

MS gave up on the game a long time ago, did no advertising for it and didn't even give it a release date. They just shoved it online without a mention anywhere.

Archived