Xbox One thread

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only a timed exclusive.

Have you seen that confirmed anywhere?

They used some talk like, "coming exclusively to Xbox in Holiday 2015" or something so there is a bit of confusion. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

"I have Tomb Raider shipping next holiday exclusively on Xbox. It is Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I'm not trying to fake anybody out in terms of where this thing is. What they do with the franchise in the long run is not mine. I don't control it. So all I can talk about is the deal I have. I don't know where else Tomb Raider goes.

Is there a time limit on the exclusivity period?

"Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

Can you tell us how long the duration is?

"No. It's not because I'm trying to be a headfake on anybody. It's a deal between us and the partner. People ask me how much did we pay. There are certain things I'm just not going to talk about because it's a business deal between us and then. Obviously the deal does have a duration. I didn't buy the IP in perpetuity."

• Paid Members

Question:

I have a problem with my XB1 that sometimes when it turns on from instant on the console > TV connection seems to cut out every 20 seconds or so (goes fuzzy like the wire has been taken out). I spoke to Xbox support about this and they told me to try and factory reset of the console.

Now, if I do that I'm assuming this will delete all my installed games including my GwG. Is that right? I just started playing Max: Curse and don't want to lose it since it's not on GwG anyone. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone else having issues with their consoles? Whenever I load mine up, i just get a black screen...can hear everything going on behind it but thats it. Read online that Microsoft are aware of this but tell you just to do a full shut down of the console and then it'll work again. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't.

• Paid Members

Got Diablo III Reaper of Souls today. So far enjoying it, it'll be nice to have something to play as my XOne has been used to play episodes of Frasier back to back for weeks now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Need for Speed: Rivals is now in the EA Access Vault for anyone who signed up for that. You can also try out NHL15 for 6 hours if you've got an Access membership.

Additionally, Forza Motorsport 5 is free to play this weekend only for all Xbox Gold members.

I've actually got a backlog now.

• Paid Members

Physical CD copy? Could always trade them in?

I subscribed to EA Access when it was released. Last night someone at Xbox cancelled and refunded me, so I had to re-subscribe again. :dickin:

Also finally got a Sky+ HD box in my room with my Xbox. Got it hooked up through the Xbox as the TV I have at the mo only has one HDMI port. It works alright, I must say.

Archived