Xbox One thread

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need to release an update where you can snap music in the background of games.

Yep, also not being able to control the volume of the game and TV independently. You have to go in to the individual game settings to switch off music and effects etc. Right pain in the 'arris.

I've been watching people playing Destiny on Twitch at work *cough* I mean I've been working hard and I can't bloody wait to get home now. I might have to have a random vomiting or nose bleed episode

to get home early....So frantic nose picking or fingers down the back of the throat!

• Paid Members

Not sure what people are finding so impressive about Destiny. Is it because it's made by Bungie?

I've sank a bit of time into it tonight, and it's just a faux open world game that goes out of it's way to severely limit exploration and spends all of it's power trying to look nice rather than filling places with interesting things or enemies. I just spent 10 real time minutes walking to some place without encountering a single enemy, until I finally found one and it was [??] level and immune to everything I hit it with.

All it's done is make me want to play Fallout 3 again, so it's served some purpose. Whoever voices that robot is fucking awful too.

Not sure what people are finding so impressive about Destiny. Is it because it's made by Bungie?

I've sank a bit of time into it tonight, and it's just a faux open world game that goes out of it's way to severely limit exploration and spends all of it's power trying to look nice rather than filling places with interesting things or enemies. I just spent 10 real time minutes walking to some place without encountering a single enemy, until I finally found one and it was [??] level and immune to everything I hit it with.

All it's done is make me want to play Fallout 3 again, so it's served some purpose. Whoever voices that robot is fucking awful too.

Don't get me started on the robot Ghost thingy! I would have rather had Gareth Gates or Sean Paul  giving me instructions.

Yeah I found it all a bit flat to be honest. It really lacked an opening extravaganza (Think GTA, COD etc) and hasn't grabbed me yet. Enemy AI is either fucking horrible or so OP much like the Immune ones you found.  I think they are obviously not meant to taken down with our crappy abilities given in the Beta because I just had to run and sneak past them. It also reminded me why I disliked Halo. Lots of pretty worlds, with beautiful landscape but fuck all to do.It is very repetitive already, no proper cover system, no stealth and the whole thing just left me cold. Defeating the boss was far too easy. Shoot a bit, hide to regain health, shoot a bit, hide to regain health...rinse and repeat. I walked up to a bunch of enemies, walked round them for a bit, stood up, sat down, changed weapon....not one of them went for me!. Its a Beta so there is probably a fair few broken bits but I was expecting a lot more. It actually led me to turn it off and play COD Ghosts (which unlike other COD games I have the K/D ratio of a blind person but still thoroughly enjoy)

I do like the graphics, character customisation and run and gun style, but at the end of the day its just a really fucking easy Halo, 

• Paid Members

Yeah, it hasn't blown me away. I never played the Alpha, so I was going on by what people had said about that. People were mad for it.

There is no cover system. You just to stand behind things. That's dumb. 

I only got to play a few hours yesterday (to Level 5). I'll play some more until the Beta ends but I don't know that I want to spend £50 on this when the next month I'm spending £150 on COD: AW, Halo: MCC Collection and Sunset Overdrive. Plus, I haven't even played Titalfall, yet. I'm getting it next week.

• Paid Members

Destiny is definitely a no from me. It's all over the place, it feels like someone took bits from Halo, Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Borderlands and Elder Scrolls and just mashed them together with no structure or explanation.

• Paid Members

It's grabbed me a little more tonight. I just spent an hour and a half almost playing the Strike mission. It was a lot of fun. I might leave my pre-order up. Ain't shit out in September anyway.

I must admit, I played a bit of co-op last night and found that a right laugh. Shame the speeder bike things react so poorly to hitting rocks or the ground. I noticed in co-op missions the enemy AI seems to have been ramped up a bit. I like how other random people

Just come and join in the firefight, maybe I am too thick but where is multiplayer death matches n shit, can't find the option anywhere.

Anyone having a problem chatting to friends that are playing with you? I never seem to be able to hear or speak to anyone I'm playing with. That's including people in a party.

They did send a tweet earlier saying there were some issues currently with friends list and party stuff. I've not had any issues though, that's through the kinect or headset

• Paid Members

I spent about 40 minutes with a mate the other day on Destiny. Party Chat couldn't be heard once we went in-game, and in-game chat came through the TV. Xbox One really is shitty for navigating menus or figuring out what the fuck is happening. 
Also, someone Skyped me today when I was in work and my console was being used by customers, apparently it just starts the Skype App without warning even if you're not logged in.

Archived