Xbox One thread

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What's the Minecraft experience like on Xbox? I've played a fair bit on the PC. Anyone know how it compares?

I find the interface is simplified, and I personally always prefer joypad controls to keyboard/mouse. It's a few updates behind the PC version but does get updates fairly frequently. 

It has achievements, the Xbox One version adding a load of new ones too. Multiplayer is easy if you have friends that play it, but it has no lobby/server option like the PC.

Personally, I prefer it but I never gave much time to the PC one to really care about what's missing.

• Paid Members

I have my V+ box hooked up through the Xbox and I love it. Only issue I have is I have to use the remote for On Demand and if I try and change channels too quickly, while the on screen guide is still up, it won't work.

As far as Destiny goes, I cancelled my pre-order due to money being an issue this month. I've heard a lot of mixed things so far. Some people love it, others are disappointed. I'm reserving my decision until payday. I might just leave it.

• Paid Members

Been playing the Fifa 15 demo a fair bit. It's probably because it's next gen, but the demo graphics and general play is pretty great. Much better than we normally get from a demo.

Ultimate Team web app should be released early next week. I can't wait.

Destiny is a good game so far. I think the problem is living up to the ridiculous amount of hype.

This pretty much. Really fun game but nothing earth shattering.

A lot of people need to learn when it comes to buying into the hype when it comes to video games. Some devs and publishers would promise every buyer a pot of gold if they could get away with it.

Destiny is essentially 'Creators of Halo make Borderlands without the humour' with every pro and con that brings. It's visually beautiful, plays great but it's really, really dry. I've enjoyed what I've played but the level cap is 20 and if there isn't enough end-game content to sustain the player base until DLC comes out it'll end up like Titanfall with a huge drop in the numbers online once something else comes along (read:COD).

Also, near 90 second load times sometimes between levels. That's kind of unacceptable in this day and age.

I think Titanfall is awesome. Is the perfect game for me, I can just drop in and play a couple matches before work or whatever. Granted, I paid £25 for it.

Titanfall is great, but it didn't have the content to keep the majority playing so suffered a quite rapid plummet in numbers playing. It's still populated that you can get a game no problems but wasn't the smash success that EA were hoping for. I'm like you, I jump on every once in a while and play a match or two before moving onto something else but it doesn't compel me to play like something with more content like Diablo does.

It's really only my limited free time and the pile of games I've still got to finish that stop from spending every gaming minute on Diablo, Destiny just doesn't grab me the same way. Last night I played 2 missions then went and finished the Lego Movie game.

Archived