WWE Payback 2014 Discussion

The Reverend

Haven't watched WWE since Mania (except for Extreme Rules I think.) Are people still actually changing for Punk? A little bit at the start of the show and maybe a little bit during segments he is relevant too isn't too bad, but if whole shows are still being taken over with it then that is fucking stupid. Even if it is in Chicargo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hasn't been too prominent but during matches that are seen as particularly boring there have been quite a few chants. I think there were quite a few on the Raw in the UK as well. I reckon there'll be quite a lot tonight particularly during the Rusev and the Divas matches.

• Paid Members

I haven't decided whether or not to watch it because I'm fucking knackered and have a big day tomorrow. I don't have to be up particularly early but a big day nonetheless, and I don't know whether it's worth killing time until it starts to watch the whole debacle, when round my mate's house tomorrow evening I could (I believe) just Network it. Beyond a couple of matches I'm invested in the outcome but don't particularly expect to deliver much in the way of excitement, I would mostly be watching because I thought the first Shield/Evolution match really ticked all the boxes for me and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. I suppose finding out what happens with the title holds some intrigue too, but I'm not happy that they've made "... or Brie gets fired!!!!!" a piece of it. Telling Bryan that HE gets the sack if he refuses to give up the belt is just as believable and as much jeopardy for Bryan (or more) and makes it seem a much bigger deal to people who still don't give a toss either way what happens to the flatter half of the Bella WAGs, neither of whom I've ever found remotely likeable.

It hasn't been too prominent but during matches that are seen as particularly boring there have been quite a few chants. I think there were quite a few on the Raw in the UK as well. I reckon there'll be quite a lot tonight particularly during the Rusev and the Divas matches.

As it is missing from the first post, just thought that I would add that Big E Vs Rusev has also been announced for tonight.

If punk doesn't appear tonight, then at least the next time they are in Chicago, the fans won't bother chanting for him.

Ideally he is out first, and gives farewell speech, or he comes out during Steph segment and takes the fired bullet for Bryan after ripping into stephanie. that lets crowd get it out there system, which lets the main matches have proper attention.

Woah! I did not see that coming. How is it possible for a ppv to have such a piss-weak build up and then be absolutely amazing? Fantastic show with a solid undercard, a segment which was better than it had any right to be and two brilliant money matches, i just hope the two feuds going into this are finished because they've definitely exhausted everything out of them now and brought it to a logical conclusion.

Fantastic show...everyone had their working boots on. THe opener was great, love watching these guys beat the shit outta each other.

Wasn't too fussed with Barrett/RVD, but thats because i cant really stand either guy....Diva's match was pretty good too, hard hitting. The Last Man Standing match was great, kudos to the Usos for the bumps they took, especially off the suplex through the table from the top rope. Good ending too, a first in that type of match i believe.

And the main event was great. Thought The Shield maybe took a bit TOO much abuse before they finished Evolution off, it bordered on Trips and Co dragging it out a wee bit IMO. But i guess that ties into the story of them NEVER giving up too, so all ends well.....All of The Shield were really put over here...And WFT was up with Big Dave's colour scheme? When i saw it i immediately thought of Honky and Dino Bravo on their way out the door!! #Bluetista indeed!!

They really know how to kill all heat heels have these days. Shield have been coming back from beat downs and standing tall for months, cena getting the uso's out so early killed the chance for heat to be built with the 3 on one there. No wonder business is dropping, there's no doubt in the top matches anymore.

• Moderators

WWE really can't win. People cry out for new stars and they have hot fresh babyfaces The Shield come out as total badasses against established made men Evolution, putting them over to the nth degree, and people say it's shite booking of heels.

Where do they go now tho? Wyatts and Evolution have both been made to look shit. Have the faces come through adversity, without making every heel look like a hopeless clown and you have your next feuds. Now the top 6 heels all need heating back up. So you get Bryan vs Kane again, and likely cena vs Wyatt on one of the next 3 raws. Everything is so short sighted.

• Moderators

Evolution can easily take that defeat and not need heating up again. They're made men. They'll always be over, regardless of losing. Tiple H isn't going to come out to crickets tomorrow night on Raw because he did the J-O-B on the PPV, he's Triple fucking H! Same for Randy and Batista.

And I've got faith that Wyatt's strong enough to stay over after that too.

Dunno what you mean about hopeless clowns either. Wyatt has a PPV win over Cena, and Evolution have been booked to be competitive with the Shield but unable to beat the threesome (how the Shield are booked best). Both feuds had gone on long enough and reached their natural and

logical conclusions, there's absolutely nothing wrong with either result tonight.

A pop doesn't mean someone is still seen as a threat. Sell me the next ppv, having seen top 6 heels beaten so easily. Where's the peril?

The sell in wrestling is baby faces overcoming the odds against them to overcome. Be it cena, bryan, shaemus, the shield - they all ignore selling and win too often too easily. Cena has won the deciding match of his feud, shield are 2-0 against evolution. They all look weak. Orton was made to look like a shit champion for months, batistas comeback has been a wet fart, and HHH has had his day as a threat.

Archived