WWE Payback 2014 Discussion

The Reverend

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
With variety of quality tv available elsewhere,it's getting harder and harder to justify giving wwe my time.

Then go and watch something else. You've just spent half the morning giving WWE your time by moaning about it even though you enjoyed the show. Move on.

I disagree. But we all have out own tastes. From what you are all saying I am in the minority , fair play then if you are finding the current product exciting, when I compare it to what else I watch on tv these days, I find the stories poor. Been watching wrestling since 91, it's not that easy to just drop it, as I'm sure most of you will be aware.

• Paid Members

Disagree with what? That you enjoyed it? That you should stop watching? You've just said yourself you're barely watching Raw so it's not nearly as hard as you seem to think it is.

• Moderators

The match quality at the moment makes up for some dodgy creative in my eyes though. For matches I don't think there's ever been a US promotion as strong for work as WWE right now. Sheamus and Cesaro didn't disappoint, that was as great as I hoped. For all the deserved credit Cesaro gets I don,'t think Sheamus gets enough respect as the super worker he is.

• Paid Members
The match quality at the moment makes up for some dodgy creative in my eyes though. For matches I don't think there's ever been a US promotion as strong for work as WWE right now.

That's really why I've enjoyed WWE so much the last couple of years. The matches are almost always great. It's why I like Del Rio and no-one else does - his matches are always superb. As long as that part of the show is good then I don't really care much about anything else.

I find WWE programming very anti-climatic and repetitive. There's nothing engaging anymore. There storylines are weak with no intrigue or thought put in to them, it seems as though WWE has become very complacent recently and seem to be running out of ideas. There's no variety on Raw, matches are pretty much the same week in week out. Characters and gimmicks are very one dimensional with no back story or edge to them. I don't watch alot of WWE programming i may record Raw now and again if something does catch my eye but find myself fast forwarding through most of the show. There seems to be no spontaneity or big time feel anymore. WWE has lost a lot of its serious star power that's why Triple H is still lacing up the boots and they continue to wheel out guys like Batista for short stints. Those guys aren't going to be around forever. I really believe that WWE are limiting themselves in some ways with the PG rating (sorry to go on about it again) but edgey TV filled with controversy, spontaneity and real engrossing drama is definitely better than the same tired routine were being provided each week. WWE has lost its fire and its dare to be different attitude and become to main stream. Its flat-lining big time, WWE needs to shock and awe. There's more engrossing storylines and drama in Eastenders at the minute, the actually in ring wrestling is great best its been in a long time but 3 planchas on Raw isn't going to bring people in the building or make them tune in...its not the indies its WWE, i want controversy and over the top storylines with gritty characters and controversy...it creates cash so the book says anyway, something WWE and Vince seems to be lacking lately...wake up WWE it isn't 1992 anymore. Without completion like they had from WCW breathing down their neck to fuel the creative fire WWE has become complacent and needs a rude awakening.

.fast

• Moderators

What has PG got to do with controversy, engrossing drama and spontaneity? It has literally fuck all. You can have those three things within the confines of PG with good creative. If it's shit now and it's PG, it'll be even worse and stupid if you give creative less lines to stay within.

So yeah, really, shut the fuck up about PG, I'm fucking sick of it, it has fuck all to do with fuck all.

I find WWE programming very anti-climatic and repetitive. There's nothing engaging anymore. There storylines are weak with no intrigue or thought put in to them, it seems as though WWE has become very complacent recently and seem to be running out of ideas. There's no variety on Raw, matches are pretty much the same week in week out. Characters and gimmicks are very one dimensional with no back story or edge to them. I don't watch alot of WWE programming i may record Raw now and again if something does catch my eye but find myself fast forwarding through most of the show. There seems to be no spontaneity or big time feel anymore. WWE has lost a lot of its serious star power that's why Triple H is still lacing up the boots and they continue to wheel out guys like Batista for short stints. Those guys aren't going to be around forever. I really believe that WWE are limiting themselves in some ways with the PG rating (sorry to go on about it again) but edgey TV filled with controversy, spontaneity and real engrossing drama is definitely better than the same tired routine were being provided each week. WWE has lost its fire and its dare to be different attitude and become to main stream. Its flat-lining big time, WWE needs to shock and awe. There's more engrossing storylines and drama in Eastenders at the minute, the actually in ring wrestling is great best its been in a long time but 3 planchas on Raw isn't going to bring people in the building or make them tune in...its not the indies its WWE, i want controversy and over the top storylines with gritty characters and controversy...it creates cash so the book says anyway, something WWE and Vince seems to be lacking lately...wake up WWE it isn't 1992 anymore. Without completion like they had from WCW breathing down their neck to fuel the creative fire WWE has become complacent and needs a rude awakening.

.fast

So what you're saying is, "PG SUX BRING BACK DA ATTITUDE ERA"

Edit - Already beaten to it

Archived