Sid/Arn Altercation

C-Rock

It's something I have read bits and pieces about over the years but I can't recall finding out why it kicked off between Arn Anderson and Sid Vicious in Blackburn. Who was in the right and wrong and who got the best of it, I know Arn lost a lot of blood because sissors were involved but thats all I know pretty much. Is there still heat between the 2 and what come of the events afterwards in regards to police activity if there was any and firings buy WCW?

Wasn't sure if this should have been put in to the questions thread but thought it may start a discussion so made a post...

• Paid Members
It's something I have read bits and pieces about over the years but I can't recall finding out why it kicked off between Arn Anderson and Sid Vicious in Blackburn. Who was in the right and wrong and who got the best of it, I know Arn lost a lot of blood because sissors were involved but thats all I know pretty much. Is there still heat between the 2 and what come of the events afterwards in regards to police activity if there was any and firings buy WCW?

Wasn't sure if this should have been put in to the questions thread but thought it may start a discussion so made a post...

Long story short.

Wrestlers got pissed as a fart, Sid said some stuff boasting about being a massive star, giving Arn shit. Bit of a scuffle, off to your rooms lads.

Sid is smashed, decides he's massive and gives Arn a knock on his hotel door, smacks him one with a chair leg.

Pair of scissors somehow gets involved, nobody comes out of that very well.

Sid got the sack, which was justified since he was being a dick from all witness accounts and caused said incident. Sid was going to be the next big WCW babyface against Vader at Starrcade 93. Flair got the spot instead.

They're was probably heat for a while, but it was probably all gone by 1999 when they worked together in WCW.

• Paid Members

I remember going to a wwf show in the north east around the same time. Loads of people stood out side with dirt sheet style a5 print outs about it, handing them out to fans.

Wish I still had one, I made loads of copies on my dads fax machine, give them to mates at school, got butchered by tge teachers.

I remember going to a wwf show in the north east around the same time. Loads of people stood out side with dirt sheet style a5 print outs about it, handing them out to fans.

What was the deal with that? I'm assuming it was a kind of taster to entice loads of fans to sample a particular newsletter, with a "subscribe by sending a postal order to" thing on it?

I recently watched Sid's second shoot interview and he does seem to have a massive ego, actually stating that he out drew the Rock and Stone Cold, he also spoke about wanting to make a comeback in the WWE where he believed he would be bigger than ever, did anything come of this? I know he had one match on Raw where he looked pretty terrible I believe, he seemed quite confident his injury was healed and he could still go.

I actually benefited from their altercation. Went to a WCW show in London straight after it happened and due to them changing things up with Arn and Sid not being there, they replaced a scheduled Arn & Flair v Hollywood Blondes match with the Blondes v Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat! Thanks Sid!!

• Paid Members

What was the deal with that? I'm assuming it was a kind of taster to entice loads of fans to sample a particular newsletter, with a "subscribe by sending a postal order to" thing on it?

I don't know, I'm trying to think back now. It could even have been an anti-wrestling group. It was within the same time frame of the steroids/fiddling era.

Either that, a subscription deal as you say, or even some dastardly wwf plants making sure that parents know the wwf are kid friendly whilst wcw stab each other in drunken rages.

Fuck knows. It was the Whitley Bay show.

I recently watched Sid's second shoot interview and he does seem to have a massive ego, actually stating that he out drew the Rock and Stone Cold,

How does he sell that one? I'd assume it was during The Ringmaster and Maivia stages of their careers?

According to sid:

They were drunk, Sid & Arn get in a ruck as Sid was caining Flair. Both go to rooms. Sid is fuming, breaks chair leg off and goes & knocks Arns door. They get in a ruck and Arn shanks Sid. Sid didnt hit him & gets arrested next day where it turns out the fuzz have no case. Hes such a great guy that despite being shanked he picked up the boots Arn left at hotel so he didnt lose them. He's also only got 1 3/4 lungs as a result. He was then unfairly sacked!!

This or a variation is the usual story you hear.

I like Sid however he has a massive ego, thinks he has the best wrestling mind out there and was a bigger draw than anyone bar Hogan.

He does admit to using steroids though & despite the blatant self promotion & adoration there is a thread of reality to his tales!

According to sid:

They were drunk, Sid & Arn get in a ruck as Sid was caining Flair. Both go to rooms. Sid is fuming, breaks chair leg off and goes & knocks Arns door. They get in a ruck and Arn shanks Sid. Sid didnt hit him & gets arrested next day where it turns out the fuzz have no case. Hes such a great guy that despite being shanked he picked up the boots Arn left at hotel so he didnt lose them. He's also only got 1 3/4 lungs as a result. He was then unfairly sacked!!

This or a variation is the usual story you hear.

I like Sid however he has a massive ego, thinks he has the best wrestling mind out there and was a bigger draw than anyone bar Hogan.

He does admit to using steroids though & despite the blatant self promotion & adoration there is a thread of reality to his tales!

Please say you bought a 2 hour wrestling session off Sid :o)

The passing of twenty years means even folk that were there have varying opinions of what went down as this Highspots YouTube clip shows.

If the opening clip is recent then Jerry Saggs looks great for his age.

My favourite version of events is from 2 Cold Scorpio who describes big Sid booting his way through a glass door; which I would love to be true.

EDIT: I mean 2 Cold's version in his, I think RF (is a Peado), shoot which doesn't seem to be available on any video sharing site.

• Paid Members

I clicked the link there but literally stopped the video after about 15 seconds because every time Saggs tried to start a sentence Knobbs shouted over him. Shit me. Is the whole shoot like that? Shut the fuck up Knobbs.

Steve Austin was on about this on his podcast. He said he was in the hotel bar with Vader (who was in nothing but a little pair of white boxers, if you can picture that) in the early hours having a drink. They heard a big commotion, went to see what the fuck was going on and Sid was there covered in blood. He had a cut on his leg that was pissing blood so Vader shoved his finger in the cut to stop the bleeding until the ambulance arrived.

Archived