WWE 2019 (WrestleMania XXXV)

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Daniel Bryan,Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Cesaro and Big E. 5 guys you could build a company around never mind Wrestlemania!

Am I the only one that doesn't see Big E amounting to anything that big?

• Paid Members
I don't either really, he seems a bit of a charisma vacuum based on what I've seen of him.

I always thought Big E had potential but I didn't see in him what everyone else did, however I met him at axxess this year and he was was easily the second most charismatic person there (after that old pro Road Dogg). He was hilarious, quick and engaging and I totally see it now, they need to capitalise on that side of him.

doesn't mean I think he'll be one of the top guys in 5 years though, just that I don't think he's a charisma vacuum.

I think Daniel Bryan's a boring shortarse who I'd barely book as IC champion though so what do I know?

Daniel Bryan

John Cena

Randy Orton

Seth Rollins

Luke Harper

Yeah, yeah, yeeeeah.

Did anyone else see Big E in the Big Easy on one of those Wrestlemania today things?

I think he's got bags of charisma. Just needs more opportunity.

Bray, Cesaro, Ambrose, Roman and Zayn are the other five I considered :)

(I doubt we'd agree on who the top five were at WM30 or the WWE today so this is well debatable...

Bryan, Orton, Batista, Lesnar and Cena?)

Call me Bellend discuss' Big E

Well that's good to hear but they or he needs to find some way to translate that to TV. I want to like him but currently find him a bit meh. Not to mention his breasts are distracting but that's a whole other topic that I've discussed before...

• Paid Members
Call me Bellend discuss' Big E

Well that's good to hear but they or he needs to find some way to translate that to TV. I want to like him but currently find him a bit meh. Not to mention his breasts are distracting but that's a whole other topic that I've discussed before...

I couldn't agree with that more, he's way too curvy for my tastes. I guess his personality would come across better if he had a gimmick other than just being strong.

• Paid Members
I think Luke Harper is a great shout. Down the linehe could carve himself a nice solo career near the top of the card.

I really like Luke Harper, I love his look, greying beard, bald spot, so awesome to see something a bit grimy in WWE again. The Wyatt family are a breath of fresh air, them and the Shield give me hope that the new guy/push/de-push/midcard hell cycle could be a thing of the past. Luke harper is 8 years older than Bray Wyatt though so I don't see why he'd ever overtake Bray unless Bray kicks the bucket young or something.

In 5 years, I think Cena will be reduced to the Wrestlemania special attraction deal, he'll be past 40, they'll want to save his body and prolong his appearances as long as possible. Orton will be 38/39, he'll grow out the beard and settle into the HBK-type grizzled vet role. Paige and Emma will be running the Divas division, with AJ as the Victoria-esque veteran. Tamina and/or Natalya will be relegated to Divas trainers, but hopefully not the main ones. Bray Wyatt will be a top level heel. Rollins is the new Rey/Punk/Jeff Hardy, Reigns is the new Cena, Ambrose will be a full blown psycho heel and be that generations answer to Triple H. Sami Zayn takes another Punk/Hardy role to good success.

Wrestlemania 35

WWE Championship

Bray Wyatt © vs. Roman Reigns

Inferno/Ring of Fire Match

John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose

Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Sami Zayn © vs. Corey Graves

WWE Divas Championship 6 Pack Challenge

Paige © vs. Emma vs. AJ vs. Trish vs. Lita vs. Stephanie McMahon (she'll still be all over the shows)

Actually, following on from that, maybe Triple H has his retirement match at WM35 as well.

• Paid Members
Orton will grow out the beard and settle into the HBK-type grizzled vet role. Ambrose will be a full blown psycho heel and be that generations answer to Triple H.

That's how I see both those guys in that time too, I hope nothing stops Ambrose getting to that level, I think he's something special (I always wanted (and still want) Ryback to be world champ though so I may not be the best at this). I don't think the divas will last as long as you say though, they'll probably be mostly different in 5 years.

I can't see Bray Wyatt still being around by then without a big character and look overhaul. Kane and Undertaker changed their gimmicks/appearances up a fair bit every year or two after the mid-nineties, and I think Bray would have to be the same. Those kind of gimmicks need to keep moving to avoid getting stale (and Kane tends to only ever have about six month spells where he's not stale).

If I had to pick five that'll be in good spots come WrestleMania 35:

John Cena, but doing the part-time gig

Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins

Daniel Bryan

Kofi Kingston (I know, but let me dream)

Orton will grow out the beard and settle into the HBK-type grizzled vet role. Ambrose will be a full blown psycho heel and be that generations answer to Triple H.

That's how I see both those guys in that time too, I hope nothing stops Ambrose getting to that level, I think he's something special (I always wanted (and still want) Ryback to be world champ though so I may not be the best at this). I don't think the divas will last as long as you say though, they'll probably be mostly different in 5 years.

I was basing most of my picks on age, Paige is 22 and Emma is 24, 5 years from now they'll still be younger than the Bellas currently are, and they're a big part of the division. Trish and Lita will be early 40s and it might be a nice spot for them to have a little legends run for Wrestlemania.

I think the performance centre will drive a lot of very exciting talents onto the card, so it is very difficult to predict. I do think Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Cena, Orton, Cesaro likely have longevity, as long as we're invested in them (I personally think Daniel Bryan will turn out to be a phase). Triple H, Cena, Show will be getting on a bit but probably still around for the show. Lesnar may still be an option as a part timer, CM Punk may return. The Rock, Hogan, Austin quite possibly make a non-wrestling appearance somewhere.

Gut feeling is that there will be a handful of guys not even around yet hanging around the top of the card.

This will be good to look back on in five years.

Archived