Network launch night is going to be Old Boys Night

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
WWE is formulating tons of plans for Raw the night the Network launches. They'll push the hell out of the launch all night and it's going to be one of those supershows with all sorts of people being brought back. If Hogan doesn't debut at the Rumble this Sunday (and there are people in the company who think he will), he'll almost certainly debut on Network launch night. There's also been talk of bringing in HBK (pretty much a given, and if they decide to go with HBK vs. Bryan at WrestleMania that would be a great night to shoot the angle), as well as perhaps Kevin Nash and X-Pac.

That should do a Raw 1000-type number. One thing wrestling fans love is the old boys.

• Paid Members

Fuck yeah. I thought I'd get sick of them pushing the fuck out of the Network over the next month, but if it means we get a supershow stacked with big names like those I'm all over it!

Is there really any chance that Hogan might be back as soon as Sunday?!

Fuck yeah. I thought I'd get sick of them pushing the fuck out of the Network over the next month, but if it means we get a supershow stacked with big names like those I'm all over it!

Is there really any chance that Hogan might be back as soon as Sunday?!

Apparently Hogan's ready to go and the creative plans are all sorted. I'd think Feb 24th, pre-announced, would be better for his return than showing up out of the blue at the Rumble. But you never know!

If Hogan turns up at the Rumble, I will be reduced to a weeping-with-joy nine-year-old mess. Between this and the rumours about Sting, my mind is awash with the awesome things that could happen. Network launch night will be brilliant, Raw 1000 was such a blast. More of that is always welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan has been booked to return to WWE TV for the first time since 2007 at the 2/24 WWE Raw taping in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

That, of course, is the WWE Raw the day after the Elimination Chamber leading into the launch of the WWE Network.

Hogan has had an agreement to return to WWE for some time following his TNA departure. He was originally slated to return during the WWE Network announcement in Las Vegas, but the company changed those plans the night before.

As PWInsider.com has previously reported, there's been talk of inducting the entire Wrestlemania 1 main event into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. If those plans go forward, Hogan, Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper would follow Ric Flair as two-time WWE Hall of Famers.

As PWInsider.com broke over the weekend, The Undertaker is also booked to return that date as well.

WWE has also booked WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Hart for the 2/24 Raw, PWInsider.com has learned.

Archived