Generation NeXT

The Cutting Edge

There's plenty of great talent in NXT that have been there for a while now and are probably 'ready' for Raw or Smackdown, the last big call ups were The Shield and Wyatts and we all know how they've done so far.

So with that in mind who do you reckon will get called up and do well not just vanish to superstars, how would you bring them in?

Sami Zayn

Adrian Nevelle

Corey Graves

Bo Dallas

The Ascension

they seem to be the stand out ones I can think of

Zayn and Neville, obviously, as well as Paige.

Would need to see more of Tyler Breeze and that big Rusev guys but they stand out to me.

Fuck The Ascension. Fuck Corey Graves.

Aiden English is someone who gets touted about now.

Have to mention Bo Dallas. Given how much faith they've shown in him, he could do it perhaps...

Trouble I have here is that they might be great value in their current gimmicks (Tyler Breeze and Bo Dallas especially) but what would they be given for the main roster, and will that have staying power?

Neville could put a mask on to fued with a heel Sin Cara, mask vs mask that reveals Hunico to uninterested silence.

Not sure what you could do to start Zayn. If they debut him Raw after 'mania, he'd get the Ole chants (and I doubt they want that).

Paige could just come in and mouth off at some divas and then kick shit out of them.

Graves I'd put a few weeks worth of NXT Promo explaining his background, tattoo's etc would flesh out his character

I could see English teaming with Sandow which would be great for both I reckon

Paige could be a good face against AJ

Nevelle and Zayn are trickier cause they dont have a gimmick as such but a few weeks of videos showing Nevelles flips n stuff atleast people would look forward to seeing him, Zayn dunno

Bo Dallas would be a great one now. Glad they abandoned ship on that mini "plucky rookie" push from a year ago, that was as bland as rice cakes. Bo has developed a tremendous character in recent times, something far different from the rest of the roster.

Paige would be a huge addition to Raw, AJ Lee needs a big time opponent, not the Bellas or the Funkadactyls, and Paige fits the bill. She's got tremendous charisma and wrestling ability. Natalya's probably shitting herself waiting for her to be called up.

Alexander Rusev's recently worked three WWE house show loops and has been beating WWE main roster guys on NXT TV. Plus, he's a big guy and that's always a plus in WWE land. He's a safe bet to be called up at some point this year, I reckon.

• Paid Members

I didn't know he was on the house shows, but just from watching NXT I was going to say Rusev. He's by no means the best there, but he's been given a distinct character, a manager and a few convincing wins over main roster guys. That's usually a sign that you're on your way up. He should do alright as an undercard heel on Raw and SmackDown but that's all I ever see him as.

After he makes his debut I believe Adrian Neville will be an overnight sensation, if they have him debut in a short showcase match all he'll need to do is pull out some of his aerial moves and the live crowd will be all for him, he'll be trending on twitter that night. Nobody else does the things Adrian Neville does in the way he does them, he's a ready made Superstar.

Sami Zayn is fantastic, he may take a little longer to get the fans on side but once he does I believe he has the potential to reach the highest levels. His connection with the fans reminds me a great deal of Daniel Bryan.

I think Paige will be on the main roster sooner rather than later, she'd be the perfect rival to AJ Lee who's in fresh need of some new challengers, it wouldn't shock me if Paige ends up being the one who ends AJ's title reign.

I can also see Emma getting called up soon, A few months back when Santino came to NXT I felt he and Emma had good chemistry together and they could make a decent comedy duo on the main shows.

I expect Alexander Rusev to be called up within the next 6 months, probably just after Wrestlemania.

I agree with the Cutting Edge about Aiden English, he'd make a good tag partner or associate for Damien Sandow.

Bo Dallas could fit in well on the main roster as a hand picked new signing who's endorsed by the Authority.

I'd like to see Corey Graves get a chance as well, I've been a fan of his since the 1PW days. Though admittedly he's not the first name to jump to mind when discussing people to bring up to the main shows. I felt that making him a Paul Heyman guy to go up against CM Punk could've been a good way of bringing him in last year, but that window is now closed.

• Paid Members
Natalya's probably shitting herself waiting for her to be called up.

I doubt it. Natalya is on Total Divas so she's got nothing to worry about.

Also I have found Adrian Neville to be quite dull in NXT. Hopefully they let him go a bit faster/more mental on Raw/SD otherwise he's basically just another Justin Gabriel or Evan Bourne.

Natalya's probably shitting herself waiting for her to be called up.

Do they not get on?

They might get along fine for all I know, but right now Natalya is the "workhorse/good hand" of the Diva's division, and Paige is equally, if not more talented in the ring, and is younger, prettier and more charismatic. Total Divas can't go on forever, but Paige could easily be on the roster for another 10-15 years, she's only about 20 now. There's a very limited amount of prominent spots as a woman in 2014 WWE.

• Paid Members
Also I have found Adrian Neville to be quite dull in NXT. Hopefully they let him go a bit faster/more mental on Raw/SD otherwise he's basically just another Justin Gabriel or Evan Bourne.

Yeah, he's pretty much an uglier version of those guys. Needs a ton of character development or a mask before he can make it on the main roster.

Archived