Revised "Tidal Wave Wrestling" Tour Details and Matches

Mark Sloan

• Paid Members

Well, the wrestling was really fun. It was a bit closer to All Star than ROH, but All Star on a very good day and certainly a style that the crowd enjoyed. Mastiff-Wild Boar was particularly fun to see Wild Boar as the underdog babyface. The actual wrestling ran just over two hours, which was just right for the audience.

Sadly the organisation was poor. The tickets listed a 7pm start time, but the doors didn't even open until ten past, which wasn't much fun outside at 1 degree C. The show itself started at 7:40, which suggests the promoters just assumed everyone would know 7 was meant to be doors open.

There was only one row of seats set up. I think the promoters again thought it would be like a gig and people would stand. In the event, virtually everyone just grabbed a chair from the storage at the back of the hall and stuck it down somewhere on the floor.

The interval was announced at 15 minutes and lasted half an hour. That would actually have been handy as I wanted to go and grab some food. Unfortunately somebody decided to have bouncers on the main door refusing to let people out and telling people that if they did talk their way out, they wouldn't be allowed back in. They even went so far as to create a smoking area that consisted of them opening the adjacent door and putting up a square of eight-foot high fencing to make sure nobody left. I can only assume they had somehow mixed up a busy club night at 2am with somewhere under a hundred fans at a wrestling show at half past eight.

I'd definitely say to go along if a show's in your area, but be aware it seems it's being run by people who are more used to putting on gigs and club nights rather than wrestling.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent show last night and I agree with you JNLister that it had a very Allstar feel that was about right for the audience.

Personally I didn't have an issue with the organisation, in fact I would say it was well organised and the show ran very smoothly. I saw 7:00PM listed and assumed that this was the time for the doors to open. So for the doors to open only 10 minutes late at an indie wrestling show I thought was fine. Plus we parked at the venue so sat in the car and had a couple of beers while waiting for the doors to open.

I quite liked the venue, had a good bar and although they only had a a small amount of seating laid out it allowed you to pretty much to sit or stand wherever you wanted. I like being able to move about at a wrestling show if you need to, as there is nothing worse then getting sat behind some knob all night in structured seating.

It was a shame that Drake and Eddie couldn't make it but the other 3 Americans were great and they were all very happy to talk during the interval and after the show. A lot of people were saying that Colt could be a dick unless you were buying his stuff, personally I didn't find this to be true. He was happy to talk after the show even though I wasn't buying any of his merch.

I would go to this show again if I was in the area, not something I would travel any distance for but a good evening out if it's reasonably local. Fingers crossed that the rest of the tour goes to plan!

It would be correct to assume you can purchase tickets on the door at Darlington,

Card is scheduled to be

Colt Cabana v Adam Cole

Chuck Taylor v Mark Haskins

Dave Mastiff in a Local Challenge Match takes on Darlington's "Perfect Purdie"

Rampage v El Ligero

Lion Kid v Martin Kirby

Kris Travis v Marty Scurll

Results from Bristol were

Colt Cabana beat Rampage Brown

Marty Scurll lost to Adam Cole

Dave Mastiff beat Wild Boar

Chuck Taylor beat Mark Andrews

Lion Kid lost to Mark Haskins

Andy Simmonz beat Martin Kirby

Attendance somewhere between 70-100

How come Kingston never made it?

He emailed on Friday night and said he had been to the Doctor that afternoon (US time) and that he had his Knee drained by the doctor and couldn't make the shows. He was asked if he could still come and make the appearances as advertised as flight was paid. Added to the fact he had tweeted that morning that he was looking forward to coming to the UK but he declined and stated that could hardly walk.

Archived