Revised "Tidal Wave Wrestling" Tour Details and Matches

Mark Sloan

Mark, tried to PM you but your inbox is full so hope you don't mind me asking you a question here. Can you vouch for the tidal wave shows? I wanted to book a few tickets for the Bristol show for me and a couple of friends but wanted to definitely make sure that the show is going ahead before I bought tickets? I normally don't trust an event involving imports unless your involved.......thanks!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

Sorry for the lateness of the reply, I am hardly online at the moment.

The shows are bought shows, like touring music acts so they buy them from Tidal Wrestling. I, as you are probably aware have been brought in to handle the UK talent that was booked at the start.

Obviously there has been some cancellations and some changes along the way, but as of Yesterday all the remaining dates are scheduled to happen as planned.

It is unfortunate when you have local promoters that they can decide to pull events at their leisures as they are happy to purchase the show and then pull it if they deem there to not be enough interested.

To my knowledge, as of yesterday

23rd Bristol,

24th Darlington

25th Leeds

30th Bletchley

1st London

Are all scheduled. As far as Tidal Wrestling as a business is concerned, they sold 8 shows and 3 of those have been cancelled by Local promoters for various reasons.

I hope all the remaining shows go off without a hitch, but of course, that isn't down to Tidal, but you would think at this point, the promoters (even if tickets were low) would want to proceed with the events to recoup as much of the layout as possible as they have paid for the full event.

Any other questions or bits I can help with, drop me a line mark@amerchandise.co.uk should get you a reply quicker.

Shame about the Drake situatiin, a few month back PCW had an American drop out, I'm not sure who it was but at least they were able to change nane on flight ticket and a suitable replacement was found, they provide value for money where as these guys just seem to want to take it.

Thanks for the reply Mark!

Is it just me or does this seem like quite a risky business model for Tidal Wrestling? Local promoters are purchasing shows from Tidal Wrestling and are solely responsible for running the show, but it's Tidal Wrestling that have their name on the shows. So if the show gets cancelled or doesn't live up to expectations then it's the Tidal Wrestling name that suffers?

I'm a bit surprised that you would want to put your name on this Mark considering the success or failure of this project lies with potentially unknown local promoters. Don't think I will purchase tickets for this as I don't know who's actually promoting the Bristol event. Might buy tickets on the day if everything appears to be running smoothly.

Thanks for the reply Mark!

Is it just me or does this seem like quite a risky business model for Tidal Wrestling? Local promoters are purchasing shows from Tidal Wrestling and are solely responsible for running the show, but it's Tidal Wrestling that have their name on the shows. So if the show gets cancelled or doesn't live up to expectations then it's the Tidal Wrestling name that suffers?

I'm a bit surprised that you would want to put your name on this Mark considering the success or failure of this project lies with potentially unknown local promoters. Don't think I will purchase tickets for this as I don't know who's actually promoting the Bristol event. Might buy tickets on the day if everything appears to be running smoothly.

It's cool, always got time for a reasonable reply....

That is the nature of promoting a touring schedule in their business model, the "Tidal Wrestling" is simply the branding used for the tour. The tour organizer runs alot of music events and it isn't like their only project. It's a safe bet for the company as they made money from every date that was accepted weather the shows go ahead or not. So "Tidal Wrestling" has successfully sold the shows to various local companies, the concept on a business level is sound - on a reputation or long term I don't know but that isn't my job.

My name isn't attached to it, both myself and the promoter have an agreement in place for me to handle British talent (hence seeing Scurll, Lion Kid, Haskins, Noam, Mastiff et all) added to the cards and advise on certain aspects, financial and logistical. I am pleased with my work on this project. The talent have all been looked after extremely well, the promoter has everything that was promised and more, and the "industry" over here has not had venue clashes - Notice how the Kealigh, Leeds date was removed after it was noticed NGW were running there within a few weeks - that wasn't an accident. If this was an Amerchandise/Dragon Gate/Wrestling Store tour, you could say I am attached - I would be agreeing with you. Just trying to ensure there is none of this non-paying fiasco and industry damaging nonsence that has started to creep in again lately

But without wanting to throw anybody under a bus - let me just confirm my complete involvement. I am here to advise the tour promoter and to connect and support the UK Talent and the promotion for a happy medium. When giving advice sometimes it is taken, sometimes it isn't. With the talent, the names I have brought in are exactly who was required by the company and the promoter has added some additional talents and the USA crew. That really is the scope of my involvement.

Sorry, just a further thought. If you mean that by being involved it could look negatively on me or my alleged "reputation" then I would simply say that anybody who would care about my involvement would already know of my body of work, the standard I try and output and would be unlikely to have any concerns.

I work with so many projects, some public, some not. If you are scared of trying, you might not fail, but it's just as likely you won't succeed.

On the subject of "unknown" local promoters, they are not unknown to the tour promoter, infact the majority of the them are long time and very successful business partners of his, hence them taking a somewhat untested product or brand and buying the shows from him. It's a very different set up to the normal Independant fan turned promoter type deal and we'll all see if it is successful on an event and attendance level very shortly!

Thanks for your reply Mark, and please don't think that I was questioning you as a promoter in any way, as that couldn't be further from my intention. I was more trying to understand the set up behind Tidal Wave wrestling, due to being interested in the Bristol show but being concerned about several shows being cancelled. My main concern was surrounding the promoter, as I initially believed it could be a new, inexperienced wrestling promoter but your post has made me feel confident that this is not the case.

I may well give the Bristol show a try on Saturday, I assume there will be tickets available on the door :thumbsup:

Rob,

• Paid Members

For what it's worth, the tickets for the Bristol show are being sold through multiple outlets, all of them ticket agencies that deal with lots of local music and comedy. It means a booking free of a quid or show, but should mean there'd be no hassle getting a refund if the show didn't take place. That said, I doubt tickets on the door will be a problem.

Update before Tonight's event.

Colt Cabana, Adam Cole and Chuck Taylor have arrived safely to the UK this morning.

Eddie Kingston has had to pull out after getting his knee drained last night. He tweeted yesterday morning about coming to the UK, but after a doctors visit last night has had to widthdraw.

With that said a quick shuffle to the card is in order. Andy Simmonz subs for Kingston at a few hours notice. Marty moves upto face off against Adam Cole.

Colt Cabana v Rampage Brown

Marty Scurll v Adam Cole

Dave Mastiff v Wild Boar

Chuck Taylor v Mark Andrews

Lion Kid v Mark Haskins

Andy Simmonz v Martin Kirby

Archived