Revised "Tidal Wave Wrestling" Tour Details and Matches

Mark Sloan

Thought I'd add my comments on last nights show. Venue worked very well, while it may be small it created an loud atmosphere. Also having fan's so close to the ring always works very well in my eyes.

Andy Quinlan and Chris Roberts were great all night long, interacted with each other and the crowd very well.

Marty Scurll (Lion Man) beat Lion Kid by submission (chicken wing). great match with lots of solid wrestling and even better comedy. Marty was amazing with his crowd interaction, great with the quick one liners.

Lea Von Dutch beat Violet O'Hara and Lana Austin by moonsault (not sure with one). Not a bad match, lots of quick moves and went at a fast pace. Von Dutch was clearly far more experience than the other two. As a side note, the female ref was very fit, didn't add much to the match though.

Adam 'Haskins' Cole & Mark 'Cole' Haskins beat Project Ego by Wonderwhirl. great match, fast wrestling at the conclusion after a number of funny moments. lots of gay comedy with Ego. Haskins and Cole looking so similar was picked up by the fans causing so quality chants. Cole uses a lot of kicks from what i observed.

Dave Mastiff beat Liam Lazurus by back senton after 3 powerbombs. Mastiff was probably the quietest of all the wrestlers when interacting with the crowd but had the presence to do this. good match, less comedy. Mastiff dominated for most with little bursts from Lazurus. Lazurus coming out to Vengaboys was pure cheese and got a great reaction.

Chuck Taylor beat El Ligero by roll up with feet on the ropes. More comedy from Ligero than I've seen before. Chuck Taylor is comedy gold, the fact half of his gimmick is that he 'isn't a good wrestler' works so well because of how he plays it. Very good back and forth match.

Colt Cabana beat Rampage Brown with a GTS (nice play on his friendship with Punk). Colt was probably the most popular performer all night, very vocal with the crowd and used comedy to keep the fans involved in the match. brown is a scary individual, he looks like someone you wouldn't mess with. he also has an evil cackle.

Overall a top quality evening of wrestling, while it may not have been a long show, I don't think i've ever laughed that much watching wrestling. I'll definatly be going next time if I'm around and will try and bring some of my non-wrestling fan friends seeing as this could be the perfect introduction.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been there, done that :)

Good show overall given that 5 wrestlers that were originally advertised did not show up in the end. Still got my money's worth, good stuff!

The wrestlers did an amazing job given the mediocre looking ring they had to perform in!

Chuck Taylor amazed everyone with his super-awesome slingshot move that puts Ricochet's Double Rotation Moonsault to shame :D

• Paid Members

Maybe I have been spoilt by the last couple of weekends when I was at PCW, then Progress, but I thought tonight was mediocre.

Crowd was only 80-odd, the venue was freezing, and the second half especially never got out of second gear.

Thumbs down.

I thought the show last night was good fun. Small crowd, would guess around 80, with only 1 row of chairs around the ring, so not sure if they will return at any point.

I think because of the small crowd the atmosphere suffered with it generally being quite quiet, and the wrestlers understandably didn't go all out, working more crowd-work and comedy based matches. If you were going into it expecting all 5 star indy style matches like revpro/progress etc...then you'd probably leave disappointed as none of the matches were anything special wrestling-wise, but most of the night was good light hearted fun. If they do another tour I'd be back.

• Paid Members

I went along to the Darlington leg of this tour. I didn’t really know what to expect from this show and, despite taking place only 15 minutes away from me, I was in two minds whether or not to attend almost until it was time to go along (especially given I was travelling back home from Coventry following the previous night’s Triple-X show). The line-up looked decent, with a mixture of some of the very top names from the UK circuit and interesting imports, but the tour seemed beset by pull-outs and cancellations, and the tour’s prior event in Bristol had been knocked for poor organisation and had drawn poorly.

I turned up at the Dolphin Centre, which is a large well-known leisure complex right in the centre of Darlo (sports hall, swimming pool, gym, soft play area, etc) and bought a ticket from the front desk. As with the website, they were selling ‘ringside’ tickets for

Archived