The Official Eros Comedy Thread

Chris Brooker

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, that was an experience and a half. Thank you to everyone that came along to the shows. To those that didn't, each to their own and all but you missed out on something pretty amazing. DDP delivered value for money in terms of both content and show duration every single night of the run. People walked out feeling like they could take the world on.

The shows themselves ran the entire gamut of emotion and had audiences in hysterics one second and verging on tears the next. In addition these were probably the best meet & greets we've had so far with Dallas giving everyone in the queue his full attention, more than happy to chat & accommodate requests when it came to autographs and photos. All the meet & greet photos are now online at our Flickr account.

False modesty be damned... I know that we run this type of show better than anyone. Stay tuned for news about our plans for the rest of 2014. We've plans in place for the return of William Regal to coincide with the May WWE tour, just waiting for his availability to be confirmed. We're also in talks with two WWE Hall Of Famers for tours later in the year. Rest assured they'll be well spaced out and we'll continue to provide the best value as well as the best shows.

One last thing... On Saturday 29th March Billy Kirkwood and I will be performing I Am The Tag Team Champions, our comedy show all about pro-wrestling at the QMU in Glasgow,. We'll be joined by the cast of the BBC documentary Insane Fight Club in the second half of the show as Chris Renfrew, Jack Jester & Mark Dallas take the stage for games, banter & the chance for an audience member to win spectacular prizes. Tickets are on sale right now at the Glasgow Comedy Festival website.

Thank you again to everyone that's come to our shows to date, regardless of whether it's been Mick Foley, William Regal, Nigel McGuinness, Jay Lethal, Davey Richards, Dallas Page or I Am The Tag Team Champions. Can't wait to share our next projects with you all.

Have to say Chris the London ddp show was great and as you say in terms of how long the show went on for I definitely felt like I got more than my money's worth! So thanks!

Are you planning to take your Tag Team champs show on tour at all?

Oh.... And if one of those hall of famers turns out to be Austin the Mrs may well combust on the spot!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed.

We do indeed have plans to take I Am The Tag Team Champions on the road in the autumn. So far we he're hitting Glasgow for the festival next weekend, Edinburgh in the summer and we have some interest from the Sheffield comedy festival in October. Rest assured there'll be plenty more dates around the country.

Our long term goal is to take it to San Francisco for Wrestlemania 31 next year but that'll take some sorting.

Almost hyperventilated when I opened this thread and read "Regal" and "Glasgow" lines apart in one of Mr Brooker's posts. Fingers crossed such an event happens!

If it were to happen it will be whacky races to try and get out of the Hydro car park and to the venue!

I didn't get to make the DDP tour for various reasons, for which I am truly gutted. Great tours.

Also, Brooker is awesome. Geek humour, especially wrestling geek humour at his finest. Definitely really helped bring an extra spark to the Cornette events.

Archived