The Official Eros Comedy Thread

Chris Brooker

This time around it's one item you bring with you as well as any merchandise you pick up on the night. We've got tee shirts, 8x10s and posters.

Thanks Chris... I think thats what it was at DDP... I'll do the same thing, get a 8x10 and my WWE Encylopedia signed.

Ta!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This time around it's one item you bring with you as well as any merchandise you pick up on the night. We've got tee shirts, 8x10s and posters.

I've noticed that photos of the T Shirts have surfaced on Facebook. Any chance we can see what 8X10 pictures you're going to have so I don't double up on the item I'm going to brng please?

Will the be any opportunity on the night to upgrade to VIP?

Good show lads. Piper barely touched on any stories after 87/88. Lots of scope for wcw era stuff if he comes back. Owen hart wanker at the front with his bury vince Russo shouts ruined the q&a.ihad a question I wanted to ask but that brought it to a halt.

Thank you Doctor...

Phew. Day off. By which I mean I get to have six hours of sleep rather than three and catch up on admin. Won't lie though, I've loved every minute of the past eleven days.

A couple of reviews so far for the shows in Dublin & Belfast. Rod's been on fucking fire for the duration of this tour, absolutely brilliant on stage. It's his first time doing anything like this and he's taken to it like a duck to particularly calm water. Every night he's gotten better as well. I now resent him slightly. Prick. A legitimately brilliant story teller with a flair for improvisation. Arguably the strongest show we've had.

Off stage Rod's been a joy. The meet & greets have been incredible and he genuinely wants to make it a fantastic experience for everyone that's put their money down for a ticket. Hence the only bone of contention so far, that the meet & greets have run long and delayed the start of the show. Rest assured it's something that's being addressed, both for this tour and in future in attempt to find a better balance.

In short... Great guy, great tour, some tickets left for London, Cardiff & Birmingham. If you're on the fence about coming then hop off it. This is as good as these shows can be. Ticket info at the Eros Comedy web site.

BtI-SxTCEAAlkdH.jpg

The Sheffield show was fantastic for sure! And i think it's the best Eros show me and the Mrs have ever attended. Which says a lot considering how great all the previous tours have been. Hot Rod is a really nice guy to meet, genuinely seems to love meeting the fans and made the experience really enjoyable. The show itself was incredible, and barely touched on a lot of his career. This is no bad thing as the show never lost steam and never ceased to be entertaining. To me it just means there is a lot of scope for a follow up tour or two. And the prospect of this already has me excited. Big thanks to Chris as always, but more so in this instance (he'll know why - Danny). Looking forward to the next tour already.

And for those that haven't seen Billy and Chris do their 'I Am the Tag Team Champions' show, check it out! The tasters i've seen at various Eros shows have been hugely enjoyable and had me laughing my ass off.

Totally agree with what Chris Brooker said I met Roddy at Wrestleslam in Manchester a few years back, I have never met someone who has had so much fame and attention in his life that is still so humble, down to earth, engaging and you geninualy feel he is happy to be there and meet you.

First time ever I have paid to meet a wrestler for the 2nd time, and cant wait to meet him again and get my photo from Wrestleslam signed.

If anyone is sitting on the fence about going, don't you get splinters!!

• 2 months later...

Yesterday night we announced three dates for William Regal's 'An Audience With A Wrestling Villain' show in November. As this will bring the total up to seven shows in two years this might well be the slowest UK tour of all time...

November 9th: GLASGOW, The Garage (Age 18+/14+with responsible adult)

November 10th: LIVERPOOL, Baby Blue (Age 18+)
November 11th: LIVERPOOL, Baby Blue (Age 18+)

The Liverpool shows have an 11pm kick off so they're timed to start once the Raw & Smackdown tapings have finished. Baby Blue is a five minute walk from the Echo Arena so that should be more than enough time for everyone to make their way over.

Tickets are £20 standard and £35 for VIP which will include a post show meet & greet with autograph and photo opportunity.

Tickets go on sale this Thursday at 6pm from Skiddle at this link.

We also have a pre-sale set up that will start at 6pm on Wednesday. In order to be part of the pre-sale you need to subscribe to the Eros Comedy mailing list. The pre-sale password will go out at 5pm on Wednesday. VIP tickets are strictly limited and VERY limited in Liverpool so if you want a meet & greet with Mr Regal this is something you should get right on.

Also, on a personal note, this is a show that should be on every wrestling fan's bucket list. You won't meet a more articulate, witty, insightful & humble man than William Regal. Every time we work together he gets better and better, his stories ever more artfully told. The shows we did together in London and Leeds in May are two of the finest I have ever seen in over a decade in comedy.

Can't make this tour myself sadly. But to anyone on the fence about going, buy a bloody ticket! Me and the Mrs have attended the last 2 Regal tours and had a great time at each. Regal is such a natural on the stage and has so many great stories to tell. Was definitely worth going for the second time. He's also one of the nicest wrestlers i've ever met, just a real class act who enjoys being there and meeting the fans.

Archived