The Official Eros Comedy Thread

Chris Brooker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had this review posted courtesy of Neil Docking at the Liverpool Echo. I'm inclined to, ahem, echo his sentiments especially when it comes to how humble Mr Regal was at the reception he received. You couldn't ask to meet a more grounded, friendly and respectable human being in any walk of life, much less within the wrestling business.

Three fantastic shows with a couple of new stories every single night. The account of his first encounter with Dusty Rhodes in WCW will live with me until my dying days. Already impatient to bring him back in 2015 and, once again, hopefully we'll get a few more dates and get to take him to some places he's not been before.

Also have a couple of ideas for shows & tours in the coming months. Assuming the entire concept hasn't completely jumped the shark by then. It's certainly a very different market to what it was even a year ago.

• Moderators

Just had this review posted courtesy of Neil Docking at the Liverpool Echo. I'm inclined to, ahem, echo his sentiments especially when it comes to how humble Mr Regal was at the reception he received. You couldn't ask to meet a more grounded, friendly and respectable human being in any walk of life, much less within the wrestling business.

I think the deal was two things signed and a photo. He'd sign EVERYTHING for people, take a million photos, and still have a proper, real conversation with people. I was at the back of the queue in Manchester, it was about 2am, but he spoke to me like I was the first person there and like I was an old friend, with no rush to move or to get out. We spent about 10 minutes talking about Carry On's! He seemed tremendously humbled to have such fans and spent every second he could, but really I (and everyone else) felt humbled that he was so damned respectful, polite, personable and pleasant. He's a total credit to, not only the industry, but people in general. A real Gent. I brought a DVD about Welsh promoter Orig Williams for him, and he was so grateful that I'd brought something for him it was almost as if he wasn't the star of the show, for he made every person he talked to feel like a star. "A Class Act" doesn't go far enough to describe just how thoroughly decent a man he is.

Long may the world's slowest tour reign!

• 2 months later...

Appreciate that this may be something that should go in the marketplace. In fact, I'll probably put it there too.

We're auctioning off four uber rare autographed Rob Schamberger prints of William Regal. All proceeds to go to Donna's Dream House, a guesthouse in Blackpool that provides free holidays to disabled and underprivileged children. Only four prints will ever go on sale, each autographed, dated and numbered by the man himself. Have a look and bid here.

• 1 year later...

We're announcing our first tour that doesn't involve William Regal since Roddy Piper tonight at 7pm via Twitter. I'd have used Snapchat but I've no idea how that works.

Yes, I know there's a thread for this somewhere but we were doing this first and I've a huge chip on my shoulder. Plus I reserved Butch some tickets for William Regal's show once and bribery works.

Dead excited. Dates n'venues... Write them down somewhere.

16th March - London, Leicester Square Theatre
17th March - Manchester, The Dancehouse
18th March - Glasgow, The Classic Grand
19th March - Belfast, The Empire Music Hall

VIP £100, Standard £30.

Wanted to keep the price lower but market forces have pretty much wrenched that choice out of our hands. It's very different to when we last ran a tour like this in 2014. A lot of folk running shows in the interim have, shall we say, changed the operating parameters of these events and we're not immune to that. Especially as this isn't a hobby for us and we need to turn a profit to, you know, live.

Archived