The Official Eros Comedy Thread

Chris Brooker

Chris - thanks for putting it on. I didn't like his show and I dislike that. Regal came across as a lovely bloke but it didn't work for me. I still love regal and as a first timer I can tell what yous were trying to do and you needed a compare plus comic mics either side. thanks

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking night last night. The pre-Regal act was fantastic and entertaining and Regal himself was sublime as usual. Although his pre Q & A speech was along the same vein as when I saw him at his first show, it mattered not because Regal seems to have a great skill of telling a familiar story in an engaging and absorbing way. I too could have sat there for hours listening to him. And what a surprise & bonus seeing and meeting Batista there as well!

By the way - Chris plus partner was by far the best compare at LST. I don't do these things but i will tell people what i saw

Sadowitz+1

Sado was there?

Sado was there?

Nah sorry! That would have been really mental. I was inarticulately referencing some of their material was up there and had an echo of some Sadowitz lines (from one of his shows years ago). I'd love to see "I Am the Tag Team Champions" live now.

Anyhow on the subject of the show I've reflected and I still found it a bit of a disappointment. Regal is great etc but I just find find him more 'on' when he's got someone solid to to bounce off. I'd love to see him in an audience with.... format more like the Leicester Sq Podcast or the Penn and Teller format they did with Jonathan Ross.

• Paid Members

Fantastic night. Regal was brilliant. All of his stories had the audience right on the edge of their seats. There were a few twats who tried to start some unnecessary chants but mercifully they were few and far between. The Q&A section is obviously only as good as the questions, and there were some odd ones to be sure, but that's wrestling fans for you. I can't believe he got asked about the Nagasaki hypnosis angle but there you are. Worth every penny, probably for the Taijiri story and the story about West Virginia story alone.

It was my first time going to something like this and I enjoyed it, Regal was great and told some great stories, he came across as a great guy with a really great view on wrestling as a whole.

There were the odd embarrassing twats in the crowd though, reminded me quite quickly why I don't normally go to this kind of thing. Saying that, I did really enjoy it and if it were the right person, I could see myself going to one again. The girl sat in the table next to me was a super Curt Axel fan and had her own special Curt Axel t-shirt with her email address printed on the back...

• Paid Members

We spotted her. She looked proper special...

She did help us with our wrestling fan bingo though. Homemade T-Shirt is always on the card. No winner last night because we didn't see anyone in a wrestling mask. Shame on you Leeds, shame on you.

She had a special friend too, but she didn't have her email address on her t-shirt. They both kept incessantly taking photos all night, their cameras were constantly in my view. They took photos of anyone who went within a foot of the stage as well as constant ones of themselves

Really enjoyed last night. It was the first of these shows that I've been to, though my brother went to see DDP when he was over. Absolutely loved it, Regal has some fantastic stories and had me laughing away. Seemed like a nice guy during the meet&greet too, taking time to shake everyone's hands, thank them for coming and what not.

Massive thanks to Chris and Eros for putting this one on, you guys did a fantastic job. I'm tempted to try and make Roddy Piper in July, but the Manchester show would be most likely for me and is my graduation day. A re-think and some planning are required to see the Hot Rod.

• 1 month later...

Archived