The Official Eros Comedy Thread

Chris Brooker

The meet & greets take place after the shows except for the London show which is beforehand. London M&G doors open at 5:30 and the others should be done by 11 at the latest.

Thanks for the fast answer. Last question (for now) how do the photo ops work? Is it a quick snap on my own camera with DDP behind the desk, or is it a propper photoshoot type thing with a photographer who prints photos on the spot?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The meet & greets take place after the shows except for the London show which is beforehand. London M&G doors open at 5:30 and the others should be done by 11 at the latest.

Thanks for the fast answer. Last question (for now) how do the photo ops work? Is it a quick snap on my own camera with DDP behind the desk, or is it a propper photoshoot type thing with a photographer who prints photos on the spot?

I would imagine, and don't quote me on this, it would be similar to the previous events. Where there is a photographer on hand who will take your picture with DDP, and these will be uploaded to Facebook, or another site, a few days after the shows have wrapped up.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick bump for this ahead of the tour kicking off this weekend. In all honesty I'd imagine that anyone on here that wanted tickets has them already. If not, it's pay day so treat yourself.

We're running a competition on the Facebook page with DDP Yoga DVDs as the star prize. They're still relatively rare on these shows and I believe we're the only people in the country that can hand them out at the moment. Enter right here.

With support in Newcastle from Hebburn's Steffen Peddie, Progress' Jim Smallman in Manchester & Birmingham and yours truly everywhere else the shows should be great too. I'd say we deliver the best quality shows out of all the touring Q&As that have popped up. We're also the best value but hey, I would say that.

Anyway, if you're going we'll see you there. If not, please feel free to help us spread the word. Have some big plans for later in the year.

1888710_538960642869544_184262158_n.jpg

Also FAO ANYONE WITH VIP TICKETS FOR DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE.

We don't want you to miss the meet & greet so here's a quick summary of when they'll be happening for each show on the tour.

March 2nd, LONDON: Leicester Square Theatre

The meet & greet wil take place BEFORE the show. Doors open for the meet & greet at 5:30pm. Doors open for main show at 7:00pm.

March 3rd, CARDIFF: The Glee Club

March 4th, BIRMINGHAM: The Glee Club

March 5th, MANCHESTER: The Comedy Store

March 6th, NEWCASTLE: The NE6 Suite

March 9th, BELFAST: The Empire Music Hall

The meet & greets will take place AFTER the show. Should run no later than 11pm.

March 10th, CORK: Cyprus Avenue

The meet & greet will take place BEFORE the show. Doors open for the meet & greet at 7:45pm. Doors open for main show at 9:00pm.

Your meet & greet includes a photo op and up to two autographs on items you bring with you. DDP will also sign any merchandise you buy on the night.

Told you, great value. :)

Glad the Meet And Greet for London is before the show this time. For JR I was one of the last to meet him, had to wait over 2 hours and that resulted in me missing the last Tube home and having to scum it home on the night bus for an hour and a half with loads of pissed idiots.

An absolutely fantastic evening! Well done to Eros and Chris for organising it, I could've listened to Dallas talk all night! I'd probably rank this higher than the Foley and JR shows that I've attended. Cannot wait until the next one, looking forward to finding out who it is.

Edit: Just realised the double post. Sorry.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I never quite know how these shows are going to go until the first one and I have to say that tonight far exceeded my expectations. My expectations were fairly lofty to begin with. Laughter, tears, motivation, you name it... Feels like we barely scratched the surface too. Very much looking forward to just being there for the rest of the run.

Erm... Everyone should buy tickets. I still maintain that we do these shows better than anyone has or will. Believe me, nobody will walk away from this one feeling like they wasted their time or their money.

REally excited for Manchester now :)

Last question, will there be promo photos of DDP available for him to sign?

I was wondering that too. I'm going to the Cardiff show tonight.

Yeah, there's photos of him you can buy for him to sign. Think they're a fiver.

Awesome show tonight in Cardiff! Really well run and Chris did really well as a host despite some annoying bastards in the front row. Some funny stories, some emotional stories and plenty of inspiring stuff. Would definitely recommend going to see the remaining shows to anyone.

Thanks Callum, loved it myself. Every show's been different.

If you can get to these shows then you should. Dallas is dropping stories that I've never heard anywhere and everyone walks out feeling great at the end. Funny, touching, uplifting and inspiring.

Manchester tonight, Newcastle tomorrow, Belfast on Sunday and Cork on Monday.

Archived