Smackdown Discussion Thread

Another fun Smackdown. Ambrose and Shane had great chemistry in those skits, I found them hysterical! You could hear some proper mental shrieks of laughter in the crowd when he was doing the Mountie bit. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another fun Smackdown. Ambrose and Shane had great chemistry in those skits, I found them hysterical! You could hear some proper mental shrieks of laughter in the crowd when he was doing the Mountie bit. 

Yeah, that was a great bit. Ambrose himself looked like he was about to let out a laugh or two at several points during that skit. 

"Don't you wanna know why I'm dressed like the Mountie?"  :laugh:

Bryan and Dean both almost corpsed there

Great episode! The tag turmoil final was excellent and I can't wait for American Alpha v (presumably) Bray & Randy

• Paid Members

Dean Ambrose was an annoying cunt on this show. Ambrose, Rich Swann, Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger are 4 guys that are meant to be baby's, but who I just want to see get slapped to death every week. Grating fuckers the lot of them. They should start a group together and then that would squash them all into one or two segments a week.

AJ can do anything you give him. He was great in the main event.

Becky Lynch's line about Pizza. . . Dear god.

American Alpha finally get back on track this week (albeit with a lot of ground to make up). A good win for them. They need some promo time and for a this program with the Wyatt's to get over. If booked well it could be great and it feels very fresh.

I hate Ambrose and slag him off constantly but I don't know how you couldn't have enjoyed him on this show? Genuinely funny stuff which WWE normally fails at.

What's with the Rich Swann hate? My mate hates him too - he's the only Cruiserweight bothering to try and show a personality.

I heard someone here say "Swann is too bloody happy"..uh alright. I've got a lot more time for the guy who loves having fun and dancing, than the guy who likes retro games and dabbing or the guy who likes Oasis and pretending to squeeze boobies

• Paid Members

Ambrose couldn't have been less funny in my book. But humour is different for different people. He came accross like an annoying git to me who I want to see get beat up, which isn't the reaction that I think they want for the brands top face. I'm in the minority going by in here though so clearly it works for the most part.

I just can't warm to Rich Swann either. He might be trying to show personality, but I don't like what he's trying to show me in particular if that makes sense. I don't dislike comedy characters, and dancing and smiling etc in general on a wrestling show as it plays a big part, but I dislike his dancing, smiling and annoying faces.

The best way I can describe it is for you to google "Fabricio Werdum face". No matter how well Werdum comes accross in outside the cage material that the UFC produce, and how talented he is inside it, I want him to get smacked almost every time (apart from Travis Browne). Rich Swann is kind of the same.

She also blurts plenty of them out really fast in the thickest possible manifestation of her accent. I usually scoff when yanks need something translated for them but she's said plenty that's probably gone right over their heads on TV.

She's really settled in as a plucky face now but she should be even bigger. What they've got with her is a potential combination of the whole free spirited action girl vibe of Lita with the everyman 99-01 Foley quality.

I still think it'll pay off eventually - even all her losses - and she'll just pop.

Becky Lynch's line about Pizza. . . Dear god.

That's part of her personality. She's been doing the 'shit jokes' stuff since she first got called up, just not frequently enough for it to catch on yet.

I think it was born on Xavier Woods YouTube channel... She's the queen of shit puns.

Archived