The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Orton and Big Show can have a very good match - I was pleasantly surprised by their house show match during the April European tour. I just don't know how it will translate to PPV. I doubt it will draw a large number - or is there some other big draw?

By the seems of it we will probably get some multiman match involving Punk & Bryan vs The Wyatts and Cena defending against Del Rio which hardly screams big PPV numbers to me.

I know I probably shouldn't but I loved Citizen Kane. It's a bit WrestleCrap but it makes for hilarious viewing from a guy who is essentially impervious from being damaged anymore anyway. He looks like the worst American president ever in some twisted alternate history HBO drama.

I thought WWE had learned their lesson and would keep Kane masked for his remainder.

With a mask he's very marketable; without it you are drawn to his failings and matches seem much more boring.

To play devil's advocate, could this new look be an attempt to get fans to stop cheering for him? I didnt see last week's Raw, but at HIAC, when he chokeslammed the babyface Miz, he got one of the biggest pops of the night. Kane's longevity as a WWE character, his recent comedy double act with Bryan and the presentation (mask, entrance, links to 'Taker) make him popular. Unfortunately, while getting him to dress like a teacher might stop him getting cheers, its not going to get him heel heat.

The other reason might be the film thats coming out. He'd look pretty silly doing red carpet interviews wearing the mask, and whilst standing in front of 15 foot billboards of his unmasked face.

He has been doing Hall Of Fame, Sky Sports and other appearances for years now in his nice Kane suits being a smart, kind of weird looking libertarian. The business is so open ended and his character is so high and dry at this point that it doesn't really matter.

I thought WWE had learned their lesson and would keep Kane masked for his remainder.

With a mask he's very marketable; without it you are drawn to his failings and matches seem much more boring.

To play devil's advocate, could this new look be an attempt to get fans to stop cheering for him?

That would fit in with WWE rationale wouldn't it. Reminds me of (I think) a Chris Candido comment to Power Slam in the mid/late 90's about how WWE would take the best plumber in the world and try to make him an electrician.

I wonder if the possible spin is Taker coming back and questioning what happened to his brother to set up a Mania match.

• Paid Members
I wonder if the possible spin is Taker coming back and questioning what happened to his brother to set up a Mania match.

With Kane? Surely no one needs to see that again!

No one needs to, but while they're in the process of recycling combinations between Kane. Big Show, Triple H and Randy Orton, why not?

With Kane? Surely no one needs to see that again!

They'll try to educate us into liking and accepting it. Confusing X-Pac heat with "we really don't wanna see this . . . . again".

• Paid Members
No one needs to, but while they're in the process of recycling combinations between Kane. Big Show, Triple H and Randy Orton, why not?

Ok, let me re-phrase that, no one wants to see this again, (or more importantly is likely to pay to see this again) surely?