The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Would be funny if Lesnar signed a top secret contract extension and retained at Mania against Reigns. Two big shock reactions on consecutive Wrestlemanias. Then Cena can win it back at Extreme Rules

I've always thought it would be a brave move to do this, but take it further - have Lesnar walk out with the title off the arm bar or something. Some slight hesitation with music and colour reaction, just to pop some doubt in the mind that it wasn't planned. Cue two weeks of awkward silence and Vince eventually having to admit that Brock isn't coming back, so they've got to run a tournament. Biggest tournament in history ends about May.Whomever is about to go over in the final but is instantly mauled half to death by Lesnar, who picks up the new belt from ringside and takes that too. The hunt for someone who can beat Brock begins, with Vince having to throw money at him to sign him to a single match for the pride of WWE. Months of searching for "the one" to take on Brock ends at Summerslam. 

I have a great amateur theory that it's much easier to propel someone into the main event scene as a heel than it is a face. In 9 cases out of 10, you're going to get a backlash against pushing somebody as the next big star if they're a goodie.

Give him a leather jacket, toothpick and a real finisher like a Powerbomb and have him work heel for 6 months before doing the turn.

I've always thought it would be a brave move to do this, but take it further - have Lesnar walk out with the title off the arm bar or something. Some slight hesitation with music and colour reaction, just to pop some doubt in the mind that it wasn't planned. Cue two weeks of awkward silence and Vince eventually having to admit that Brock isn't coming back, so they've got to run a tournament. Biggest tournament in history ends about May.Whomever is about to go over in the final but is instantly mauled half to death by Lesnar, who picks up the new belt from ringside and takes that too. The hunt for someone who can beat Brock begins, with Vince having to throw money at him to sign him to a single match for the pride of WWE. Months of searching for "the one" to take on Brock ends at Summerslam. 

That seems like only a slight variation on the CM Punk 2011 thing... And it basically just treads water for months to crown the new guy at SummerSlam instead of doing it at WrestleMania.

My initial post wasn't a serious one, but when he first won the title I thought there was mileage in using the known fact that Lesnar has limited dates to their advantage.

They could have used up all his dates, knowing everyone will expect him to drop the title on his last one, then feed him challengers until someone eventually takes the belt and sends him off. Essentially meaning you don't know what Lesnar's last match will be until he gets pinned. It would all just be a re-hash of Punk leaving Ring of Honour. There doesn't have to be any insider contract mentions, but the fans will all know and add their own subtext to the story

• Paid Members

I could take to Reigns but I need four things to happen:

1) Change his outfit. It sucks.

2) Stop the coming through the crowd bit. It doesn't fit his character.

3) Drop the Superman Punch. It's awful.

4) Don't let him talk. Ever. Silent sheriffs are great.

Take three of the most unique aspects of his character and bin them. Seems a good idea

Reigns needs work on his promos and to learn how to build a big match like Cena. Otherwise, he's good to go.

Can't believe some people hate the superman punch, I really like it.

I do too, but I think he needs to use it as an 'out of nowhere' move rather than something he signals for and winds up. As much as the cocking the gun motion is a cool touch it's not visually big enough to warrant the build up. He could hit it out of nowhere, then use the motion to indicate he's reloading it. 

Isn't a closed fist illegal, making his finisher illegal?

Try telling that to Big Show.

That's annoyed me for ages too.  You still see the refs tell off wrestlers for closed fist, and then Big Show wins matches with a punch.