The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I know it's been mentioned to death on here already but Stephanie and Triple H were brilliant during the opening segment. Stephanie dancing and singing to Cena's music has to rank as one of the greatest things

I've seen in ages. She really has been excellent during this Authority run.

Gutted to hear that Barrett is going to be out of action for so long. Hopefully they'll have him pop up every so often, just like he was doing before he made his in-ring return the night after Wrestle Mania, just to keep

the gimmick going and keep him in people's consciousness.

I was genuinely excited to see The Miz back for all of about thirty seconds but then my enthusiasm just evaporated when he started talking. As hit and miss as Jericho can be I'm always delighted to see him back.

He and Wyatt feuding is at least something new and should provide some good matches.

The really had no choice but to turn Paige heel. The rematch between them was always going to happen and there's no way AJ's getting booed. Especially with all those annoying fucks still chanting for CM Punk every week.

Bo Dallas continues to be great, although I really hope the whole "Boner" chant doesn't become a regular occurrence, it's brutally cringeworthy.

Absolutely loved the confrontation between Swagger and Rusev. I know the Americans are always great for a bit of patriotism but it was great to see how quickly the crowd got behind Swagger. I reckon they could have some good

brawls together. Zeb and Lana going at it on the mic should be right laugh too. What are the chances of Swagger and Zeb showing Obama's picture before their matches?

Although there were some bits that dragged (Dust Brothers Vs Rybaxel again and the Fandango/Layla/summer Rae isuue which is beyond uninteresting) this was a really good Raw, especially coming after the

fairly disappointing MITB.

Quite a big Raw. Jericho's so bad. Miz was more interesting on this show than he has been in ages, with the getup and the attitude, he seems to be doing a more Hollywood gimmick. Hopefully he continues in that vein, turns on Flair and has a feud with Ziggler that's not just rematches every week.

I don't care about the four way. I understand it's probably the best they've got for Battleground, I certainly can't think of a better alternative, but still.

Ambrose vs Rollins is very, very good. Swagger and Rusev might be a cracker of a feud as well. Is the latest attempt at injecting a personality into Cesaro that he loses and gets angry?

It may of been the plan to have Reigns vs Orton but Plans can change

The ending of Raw with the fans chating this is awesome at the staredown between HHH and Reigns may have given them something to thing about.

How has this happened in the same post?

Paige deserves better than that.

No she doesn't. She's useless, and coming from the same island as most of us doesn't change that. Of course, with this title change, it's out of the frying pan and into the fire. I don't know who I'd have as champion though. I usually say Rebecca Knox, but after having seen her wrestle, I can't even go with that. Probably Naomi. She's shit, but seems really sound on Total Divas.

• Paid Members

Adam Rose is pure wrestling crap, one of the unlikable gimmicks of all time...are we supposed to root for that fucking numpty?

it's 100% Grade A fast forward material.

• Paid Members
Paige deserves better than that.

I wouldn't go that far (without getting into the "isn't Paige a bit shit" debate) - they're 1-1 in brief hardly-matches, they can have a proper match on a PPV now.

I think this is the best thing they could do with Paige. I was a bit gutted she lost the belt but if they turn her into a heel than it will be for the best. She has the cockiness in her voice and we all know that in America a smug, cocky Brit is a great heel.

• Paid Members

Very happy that Paige is now presumably going to turn heel, I also question why put the belt on AJ straight away (unless its to keep the numbers up), could of made a decent feud out of it i.e Paige gets DQ'd at Battleground by beating the crap out of AJ fully cementing her heel turn leading to another match at Summerslam where AJ regains the belt. Or you could have AJ win the belt at Battleground but have Paige beat her up after the match, then steal the belt and go NWO on everybody and spray paint the word 'ANTI' on the belt and carry it around everywhere she goes, debuting that NXT 'Anti-Diva' persona if you will and then have another match at Summerslam where AJ regains possession of the belt. The whole slow/patient build up thing annoys me at times.

Just an idea or two, but I hope we get to see the full vicious and nasty streak to Paige which is there never see AJ sell for anyone so good either in the ring! could be a brilliant feud this.

Edited by Psygnosis

Or you could have AJ win the belt at Battleground but have Paige beat her up after the match, then steal the belt and go NWO on everybody and spray paint the word 'ANTI' on the belt and carry it around everywhere she goes, debuting that NXT 'Anti-Diva' persona if you will and then have another match at Summerslam where AJ regains possession of the belt.

What is the anti-diva gimmick exactly?

• Paid Members
Or you could have AJ win the belt at Battleground but have Paige beat her up after the match, then steal the belt and go NWO on everybody and spray paint the word 'ANTI' on the belt and carry it around everywhere she goes, debuting that NXT 'Anti-Diva' persona if you will and then have another match at Summerslam where AJ regains possession of the belt.

SHES NOT YOUR TYPICAL DIVA! Which incidentally, AJ isn't either. So that's unique

• Paid Members

SHES NOT YOUR TYPICAL DIVA! Which incidentally, AJ isn't either. So that's unique

This, plus I'd imagine its why she has a gothic look too.

Edited by Psygnosis

Yeah, how's that gonna work? And how exactly is Paige not your typical diva? Just the complexion?

• Paid Members

Just rewatched the Rusev/Swagger angle from Raw. I think it was absolutely outstanding- all four participants smashed it out of the park, as did the crowd. The 'We The People' thing has been aching for a face turn for a while now and obviously Lana and Rusev are the perfect feud for it. I have always been a fan of Swagger, so am interested to see if he gets over as the Real American hero.

Lana really is a triumph of a character- great promo work, great facials, great look. She's the best female character to come along in forever.

By contrast to that great segment, the latest attempts to make Big E and Cesaro more interesting aren't doing anything for me. I think they have fucked Cesaro since WrestleMania, he's actually lost a load of momentum since he became a Paul Heyman guy. He was reaching boiling point towards the end of the Real American's run, when a big face turn seemed imminent. Winning that Battle Royal should have been the moment he went full babyface and never looked back, but unfortunately the guy needs somebody to talk for him and I don't know who could have fulfilled that role if Cesaro was a good guy.

Big E is a strange one. From what I have seen of him, he seems a funny and charismatic guy in real life, but the minute you put him on TV it falls to bits. This new promo style feels so forced and phony coming from him. It's weird to have a massive muscular black guy who just doesn't look intimidating whatsoever.