Memphis Wrestling Personality passes away

The Reverend

I remember flicking on Memphis on TWC and Jerry Lawler was destroying his watch. I found it mildly amusing. Seemed like a decent chap, although I do know next to nothing about him.

is he the chap who used to do the promos for upcoming shows, I vaguely remember that on TWC?

• Moderators

Ha! How Memphis is this behaviour from Maclin? Carny.

"I own it. In 1997, I paid Jerry Jarrett $250,000 for his half-interest in everything we ever shot. At the time, that was basically all I was buying, because the company was really not in business any longer. Since then, Cory Maclin, who worked for us in the '90s as an announcer, and who might not even have been born when some of these films were made, fraudulently went out and claimed that he owned the rights to the footage, and sold them to Highspots for a measly $20,000. So suddenly there's a 20-volume DVD set of all the footage that people had on YouTube or whatever, but that's not the original stuff that I have. Someday I envision selling it to WWE so they can have it on WWE 24/7. I think Vince is going to have his own cable network, so he'll need all the programming they can find."

It's not quite Ronnie P. Gossett selling the territory, but it's still delicious Mempho behaviour.

Archived