UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Do many peeps on here have tickets for this or are all the people heading down going on the scrounge for freebies? From looking on Ticketmaster there's a LOT of seats left. Hope this doesn't impact on future events, if I were able to I'd be there 100%.

• Paid Members
Do many peeps on here have tickets for this or are all the people heading down going on the scrounge for freebies? From looking on Ticketmaster there's a LOT of seats left. Hope this doesn't impact on future events, if I were able to I'd be there 100%.

I haven't got tickets simply because of cost. If the card was worth the price, i'd happily pay. For me, that card is one big fight short of making it worthwhile. There's no way Melvin Guillard and Ross Pearson should be co headlining a massive arena like this.

On the plus side, I've managed to sort out a flexi day for this and will be heading there with my mate on Friday to enjoy the festivities.

• Paid Members

Yeah, between Fighters Only having A HUNDRED tickets to give away, Bisping's Q&A tomorrow guaranteeing free tickets and @UFC_UK also doing #HuntForUFC events later this week, it definitely looks like there's a shit load of freebies up for grabs.

They could obviously do things differently this time, but if it's anything like it was the past two times they came over to the UK, the easiest way to get a hold of some free tickets is keep an eye on twitter just after the weigh ins. Both in Nottingham and in London Dana simply sent out a tweet fifteen minutes or so after the weigh ins, telling people where he would be giving them out. Both times it was at or around the arena. Hopefully it'll be similar to Nottingham, when there was only about a dozen people trying to get their hands on hundreds and hundreds of tickets and less like London, when there was a near riot with shit loads of people nearly crushing Nick The Tooth to death.

• Paid Members
Yeah, between Fighters Only having A HUNDRED tickets to give away, Bisping's Q&A tomorrow guaranteeing free tickets and @UFC_UK also doing #HuntForUFC events later this week, it definitely looks like there's a shit load of freebies up for grabs.

They could obviously do things differently this time, but if it's anything like it was the past two times they came over to the UK, the easiest way to get a hold of some free tickets is keep an eye on twitter just after the weigh ins. Both in Nottingham and in London Dana simply sent out a tweet fifteen minutes or so after the weigh ins, telling people where he would be giving them out. Both times it was at or around the arena. Hopefully it'll be similar to Nottingham, when there was only about a dozen people trying to get their hands on hundreds and hundreds of tickets and less like London, when there was a near riot with shit loads of people nearly crushing Nick The Tooth to death.

I don't know when the UFC are going to learn with this shit? Surely this can't be a sustainable business model?

Every fan in the know are simply just waiting for freebies and won't spend the absurd asking price the UFC demands. Crazy.

If it's a help to anyone after tickets without enduring the mental ticket giveaways, the fighter hotel they and they crew tend to stay at is the Crowne Plaza - we inadvertently stumbled upon it before the UFC 105 weigh-ins. We also bumped into Dana as he was going into the North America Travel agents, oddly enough.

• Paid Members

the ticket situation is a weird one, the UFC are clearly happy to just hand out anything they don't sell. You'd think lowering prices and just selling every ticket would be the more sensible option but they must feel that the gate money they do take is enough, they wouldn't keep doing this otherwise surely?

• Paid Members

It's all about the bigger picture & long term. The UFC will be getting paid from both TV & the live gate. Manchester Arena is the biggest in the UK so selling out the cheap seats on the top tier isn't far off the equivalent of selling out Nottingham Arena completely. By lowering ticket costs they might make more 'legit' gate money but the wider perception/message is that they're dropping prices/struggling. Some hardcore fans might be aware that they're giving away a shitload of tickets but those fans aren't the ones that need to be won over, they're already invested in the product.

Archived