The Preston City Wrestling Thread

I must have read PCW have sold 3000 tickets to the 2000 capacity Guild Hall about 10 times in the last couple of days. 2000 is impressive enough. Classic wrestling exagerration I guess.

There are two shows so they're probably combining the sales for them both.

• Paid Members

As well as the full Guildhall seating plan allocation (being booked directly through the Guildhall), PCW are themselves selling several additional blocks/rows of "VIP"/"premium" seating they've managed to get in.

Not sure if that'll be enough to take it over that "3,000" figure, but it'll be a good amount over the 2,034 seats being sold by the Guildhall.

I'm on my way now. These free 'Tribute to the Troops' shows are never your typical PCW events, what with a more family-friendly holiday camp-like approach, but they are normally a great spectacle. Matches are normally more basic and exhibition-like (which you'd expect - they're performing to a massive casual audience that isn't familiar with the characters or stories), but it's usually really good fun.

That being said, they do like to do a big, important title match at these things, what with all the attention on them.

Is anyone planning on ordering the iPPV? It'll be interesting to see how that goes. As above, if you've not seen PCW before I wouldn't go ordering it thinking that this is what PCW is all about, but it is cheap (less than a fiver) and there are some good names and likely good matches on offer. I would definitely recommend it.

Edited by Big Benny HG

What utter garbage. Regret paying for that. The people in charge are good at the marketing side of things getting people in but wrestling side of things they dont have a clue. Things just didnt make sense. Too long aswell, half the crowd left before the end.

Yeah, wasn't very impressed with the show at all. Not the one I would have picked to showcase on iPPV and be that historic first event. 

Also if you're going to do an impromptu title switch at the very end of the show, maybe don't overrun so much that more than half the audience leave...poor planning. 

The thing I've now learned about fludder now is he has a certain Mind set about pcw and the fans.

I got info a convo with him about on demand service and how it could bring in new fan base and also put his company back in the talking point as icw, rpw,progress haven surpassed them

But he wants dvd sales

Edited by kidkris

Enjoyed the show, good family show. We had to leave early missing the last match because the last train was 2120.

Got to give PCW credit it ran very smoothly as far as fans getting and finding seats etc

Another story I'd like to share. RVD was meant to be part of the pre show meet and greet but missed it because of flight delays. Me and the lad were disappointed, it was the big factor in me buying the gold VIP to ensure we got the meet with RVD. PCW announced that the m&g will take place post show. There was word that maybe some VIP holders might meet him during intermission but intermission never happened.

I spoke to Fludder, now I was kind of dreading this having heard stories but lad was gutted and I got to try, explained that my last train was at 2120 and he told me they over running but straight after RVD match to come and find him. Actually expected it to be a fob off, the match finished at about 5 past (cutting it fine) we found Fludder and to his absolute credit he kept to his word, took us to the back and straight to Rob, who in turn was an absolute gent. My son got his pic and left buzzing, we both did. Fludder kept to his word and was super nice (considering they were running an ippv and big crowd he probably had every right not to be). So a massive thank you to Fludder and PCW.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know how long PCW DVDs usually take to come?

Sent an order through 3.5 weeks ago and not had anything yet.

Dunno but he won't be posting anything out while he's partying with half his roster in Magaluf.

Ages. I think they're a pretty small team so when they've got shows on they don't send anything out the week before or week after. If it was a pre-order you'll probably be waiting a lot longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno but he won't be posting anything out while he's partying with half his roster in Magaluf.

Still no DVDs - been over a month.

Anybody know any other way of contacting PCW? Have tried contacting them twice through their site but not had a response.