The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

With PCW, if I don't buy a superticket am I still eligibe for the meet and greets with the advertised ROH talent?

Hopefully getting tickets for Day 4.

Yup, but you'll need to buy all your photos/autographs/combos individually. 'Entry' to the meet n' greet is included in the evening show ticket.

Effectively, they open the doors for the main evening show early, and just stay open.

With PCW, if I don't buy a superticket am I still eligibe for the meet and greets with the advertised ROH talent?

Hopefully getting tickets for Day 4.

Yup, but you'll need to buy all your photos/autographs/combos individually. 'Entry' to the meet n' greet is included in the evening show ticket.

Effectively, they open the doors for the main evening show early, and just stay open.

Any idea on how much they cost each? Don't want to be breaking the bank on a few scribbles, so will probably opt for the photos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone going along to Preston tonight?

It’s a special show for the students of UCLan as part of freshers’ week, but they have made a small allocation of tickets available to non-students too.

Here’s what they have:

Team Single (Rampage Brown & T-Bone) vs. The Hooligans (Roy & Zak Knight)

Chris Masters vs. Ashton Smith

Bubblegum vs. Charlie Garrett

Dave Mastiff vs. ???

Joey Hayes & Maaaartin Kirby vs. GZRS (Tom Irvin & Sebastian)

El Ligero vs. Xander Cooper

Viper vs. Toni Storm

It’s a decent-looking card which should make some regular PCW fans out of students who’ll be making their temporary home in the city for the next few years.  It’s over at Area 51 (which I seem to remember was the venue for the very first ‘Fright Night’ midweek Halloween special back in 2012), which is a nightclub and gig venue over in the student side of town.  Both Hooligans vs. Team Single and Geezers vs. Hayes/Kirby are perfect for this type of thing – the former being a wild, mad, chaotic building-wide fight and the latter probably being ridiculously daft – both should really go down well in this environment.  Regular PCW storylines have Chris Masters as being ‘fired’ at the moment, but I don’t suppose it matters that he’s still here on this show.  He was supposed to be against Kris Travis, but Trav is ruled out.  That opens up a spot for Xander Cooper, who has been very, very good for a couple of years now and would be a perfect addition to the regular PCW roster.  It’s also great to see Ashton Smith and Charlie Garrett involved in something other than the monthly 4- or 6-way against each other (and Dean Allmark).  Don’t get me wrong – those matches are great fun, but surely there’s more Smith, Garrett and Almark can be doing in PCW than, essentially, the same match time after time.

I won’t be attending, unfortunately, as I’ll be down the road at GPW (and Kirby, Hayes, Ligero, Bubblegum and T-Bone are all doing double-duty) and coming over for PCW’s regular Evoque show one week later.  That one, ‘Heroes’, is looking solid too:

PCW Championship:

Dave Mastiff © vs. Bobby Lashley

Drew Galloway vs. Noam Dar

Tommaso Ciampa vs. El Ligero

Lionheart vs. Sha Samuels

Kris Travis vs. Iestyn Rees

T-Bone vs. Dave Rayne

Joey Hayes & Maaaartin Kirby vs. The Wards

It’s a decent-looking card which should make some regular PCW fans out of students who’ll be making their temporary home in the city for the next few years.  It’s over at Area 51 (which I seem to remember was the venue for the very first ‘Fright Night’ midweek Halloween special back in 2012), which is a nightclub and gig venue over in the student side of town.

To be a pedant, the venue is called 53 Degrees. Yes the first Fright Night was held there. Not going tonight, not got the energy to deal with schlepping out there and dealing with a bunch of freshers. I imagine Team Single - Hooligans will be fun though.

The UCLan show was a lot of fun. Sadly we turned up late an missed a match or 2 (the drive over from York often results in us being late, so the move to Saturdays next year is a welcome one). Reasonable attendance and plenty of PCW regulars, so didn't feel over run with drunken freshers like i'm sure some were expecting. Great show and definitely well worth the trip over as usual. Roll on Friday!

Same thoughts, very fun show especially the first match which was turned into a 6 man match i guess due to the GPW clash. This was between Charlie Garrett & The Hooligans vs Team Single & Bubblegum which included such things as wheelie bins being thrown, bubblegum ending up in a bin, guardrails & scaffolds being chucked - just really good fun with Garrett pinning Bubblegum

Chris Masters beat Ashton Smith in a decent enough match, which included the debut of referee Joel Allen's new hairdo like a shorter afro, found it hard cheering for Masters after months of him being resident "dickhead".

Viper beat Toni Storm with the Michinoku Driver, Storm is someone i could easily see in WWE in a couple of years.

Dave Mastiff beat Mystery Opponent Dave Rayne in pretty much a comedy squash.

El Ligero beat Xander Cooper - Good match, Cooper looked good in his PCW singles debut plus he was wearing the peacock robe which obviously got him Shit Ric Flair chants.

Joey Hayes and Martin Kirby beats The GZRs via slip slide assisted headbutt to tom irwin's balls via sebastian.

The GZRs after they had lost asked for another match, which got answered by the Hooligans who just hammered them.

Edited by PRINCE2356

• Paid Members
Viper beat Toni Storm with the Michinoku Driver, Storm is someone i could easily see in WWE in a couple of years.

Do they still make a Divas bikini calendar? I'd buy it if Toni was in it.