The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Great show tonight, but what went down in the tag title match?

Josh bodom is well known for being a bit of a dick, assume it's related to that

Yeah just didn't seem to go well? Was any of that legit or all a work?

Edited by Freebird

Me and my pals were discussing this team single/broliever incident with other fans at the interval 

the referee rang the bell to finish the match when rampage was doing a choke hold, but josh didnt even tapout and IF he did his foot was on the rope anyway, so something was very dodgy here.

we all concluded this feels like a modern day montreal screwjob and have dubbed it the Preston City Screwjob lol

I'm intrigued to see where this leads to though...

• Paid Members

Me and my pals were discussing this team single/broliever incident with other fans at the interval 

the referee rang the bell to finish the match when rampage was doing a choke hold, but josh didnt even tapout and IF he did his foot was on the rope anyway, so something was very dodgy here.

we all concluded this feels like a modern day montreal screwjob and have dubbed it the Preston City Screwjob lol

I'm intrigued to see where this leads to though...

Rampage retweeted something about respect being taught the day after

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

No screwjob really IMO. If Bodom was a prick/disrespectful to the boys in January, and then he won the vote (which they could have just fucked the winners off and announced someone who wasn't liked), then whoever booked it told them to make it look all shit and shooty so everyone would go for it. Working everyone for works sake. I wasn't there to see it live, but I bet it was booked that way. Meta type stuff.

Unless they just twatted him, Rampage looks pretty capable :p

Edited by WWFChilli

If you saw it live you'd tell something very fishy happened. It wasn't a professional wrestling match we'd come to expect, it was an uncomfortable assault

And as you say, If Rampage tweeted about it being a matter of respect then it makes more sense that he was trying to teach them a lesson and took maters into his own hands.

He also seemed to leave the ring pretty quick when the bell rang, and both brolievers seemed legit pissed off by the result, then Bubblegum came down to help the situation.

It just seems weird if it was supposed to be booked like that, but both teams are talented enough to put on a classic, which is what we all paid to see. 

• Paid Members

Bobby lashley vs mastiff announced for September.

Am i right in thinking he was announced 2 years ago.and didnt turn up?

He was indeed announced, but Fludder cancelled him just a week or so after when Lashley started messing him around. No big loss - Lashley was the guy whose live announcement video at that show at the time was met by boos... then LAUGHTER.

It was right up there with the announcements on '06/'07 IPW:UK shows of the non-appearance of Kid Kash and Heartbreak Express getting CHEERED.

• Paid Members

I plan on writing something about last week's show in the next few days, but until then here's the 2016 announced calendar:

Friday 5th February – PCW – Preston 

Saturday 6th February – PCW – Preston

Saturday 5th March – PCW - Blackpool

Sunday 3rd April – PCW - Preston

Friday 22nd April PCW - Preston

Saturday 23rd April – PCW – Preston

Saturday 30th April – PCW Blackpool

Saturday 4th June – PCW - Preston

Saturday 25th June - PCW - Preston 

Saturday 4th July – PCW Blackpool

Saturday 6th August – PCW Preston

Saturday 3rd September – PCW Blackpool

Saturday 24th September – PCW Preston

Friday 28th October PCW – Preston

Friday 25th November – PCW Preston

Saturday 26th November – PCW Preston

September 18th show announced!

http://prestoncitywrestling.com/shop/tickets-september-25th/uclan-53-degrees-show-ticket

UCLan Freshers WE ARE COMING TO 53 DEGREES ON SEPTEMBER 18th! WHO IS JOINING US?

We have 150 tickets to sell for a private PCW event hosted by UCLAN Students Union! THESE WONT LAST LONG!

This is for over 18s only and tickets are £5 each for those who have a ticket to our show on September 25th(£15 if you don't have September 25th tickets.

This event is standing only!

Edited by truthofsin