Turner and Hooch, The Burbs or Dragnet

IANdrewDiceClay

For some reason I always though The Burbs had Christopher Lloyd as the Bruce Dern character and Dan Akroyd as his best friend. Has anybody seen Joe vs The Volcano recently? How does it hold up?

Havent seen it recently but remember seeing it at the cinema. Went to see it again later that week and cinema wouldn't let me in as I was the only person there!

I ended up watching Joe vs The Volcano by chance just flicking through the channels last year at some point. It's a flawed film, but overall it's enjoyable. Hanks is as great as he always is in everything from around this era. And it's the first of the first of three films he did with a pre-plastic surgery ruined Meg Ryan.

Turner and Hooch still stands as my favourite Tom Hanks flick for me though. It was a huge childhood favourite of mine that I still enjoy and love to this day. When I think about it, there aren't many Hanks films that I've seen that I haven't enjoyed. I'm sure there's got to be a few shite Hanks flicks, but I've been lucky enough not to see any.

I ended up watching Joe vs The Volcano by chance just flicking through the channels last year at some point. It's a flawed film, but overall it's enjoyable. Hanks is as great as he always is in everything from around this era. And it's the first of the first of three films he did with a pre-plastic surgery ruined Meg Ryan.

Turner and Hooch still stands as my favourite Tom Hanks flick for me though. It was a huge childhood favourite of mine that I still enjoy and love to this day. When I think about it, there aren't many Hanks films that I've seen that I haven't enjoyed. I'm sure there's got to be a few shite Hanks flicks, but I've been lucky enough not to see any.

For me, Turner n Hooch is always offset by k-9

Turner and Hooch is faaaaar superior to K-9. Belushi's alright in this (and nothing else apart from Red Heat), but Hanks in his heyday cannot be denied. It's weird that both films come out around the same time as well. Kind of like Dante's Park/Volcano and Armageddon/Deep Impact.

• Paid Members

There were two white house under attack films this year too, it is weird when that happens.

James Belushi is the pits, my opinion is not helped by the fact that his brother John was brilliant and has been one of my favourites since I was a kid, James just isn't even close to being on his level.

• Paid Members

James Belushi's been in a fair few good films and been good in them. He has been the pits in the last 15 years or so but before that he was great in serious as well as comedy films like Thief, Salvador and Red Heat.

• Awards Moderator
There were two white house under attack films this year too, it is weird when that happens.

I know "The Purge", but what was the other one?

Olympus Has Fallen

What's The Purge? I thought the two were Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down.

What's The Purge? I thought the two were Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down.

I wasnt paying attention when put Olympus has Fallen, clearly. The Purge is some dystopian future where every law is suspended and anything goes for 12 hours or so, once a year. Seems like a cross between Series 7 The Contenders, Death Race 2000 (The original) and Battle Royale, if I'm thinking of the right film

• Paid Members

I wasnt paying attention when put Olympus has Fallen, clearly. The Purge is some dystopian future where every law is suspended and anything goes for 12 hours or so, once a year. Seems like a cross between Series 7 The Contenders, Death Race 2000 (The original) and Battle Royale, if I'm thinking of the right film

The Purge is a movie about a house of white people under attack.

Archived