Payback predictions thread.

WWFChilli

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heyman turns on Punk, costing him the match vs Jericho. May or may not also result in Jericho going heel and being aligned with Heyman.I definitely have a gut feeling that Heyman will turn on Punk though, part of Punk's babyface turn.I also think Orton may turn heel on Daniel Bryan, costing him the match tonight vs Rollins & Reigns.Two (or three?) turns in the same night is probably overkill, so if they settle for one it'll be the Heyman/Punk split.

• Paid Members

I'd hate to see Jericho turn heel again, that got old by 2009. He's been brilliant this run, much better suited to being a babyface. You can tell he's having loads of fun every time he gets in the ring, the crowd want to cheer him and there's a lot more fresh feuds left for him as a face. Ryback, Henry, The Shield, Orton (if he's turning), Big Show, possibly Lesnar etc...A heel turn would just lead to re-runs of done to death feuds that were never any good to begin with.

I'd hate to see Jericho turn heel again, that got old by 2009. He's been brilliant this run, much better suited to being a babyface. You can tell he's having loads of fun every time he gets in the ring, the crowd want to cheer him and there's a lot more fresh feuds left for him as a face. Ryback, Henry, The Shield, Orton (if he's turning), Big Show, possibly Lesnar etc...A heel turn would just lead to re-runs of done to death feuds that were never any good to begin with.

Yeah, I'm with you on that.I think it's too early for Punk to turn as well, but similar to the matches you listed, some good opponents for Punk as a face - Lesnar (at Summerslam?), the Shield, Orton, maybe Ryback, if the Wyatts come in as heels, perhaps them as well. As for match winners:John CenaCurtis AxelChris JerichoAJ LeeDolph ZigglerDean AmbroseReigns and RollinsSheamus

I can't see any babyface wins besides Cena, unless Punk turns face and wins. Sheamus on the pre-show notwithstanding. The rest all seem like obvious heel wins. For the sake of adding a babyface win, Kaitlyn beating AJ can make sense, and their feud can carry on with AJ winning later.

I reckon this will be a good ppv made into a better one because of the Chicago crowd. It will be way better than No Way Out that happened last year in June.WWE Title - Cena to win 2 -1 taking the Tables and Ambulance stages. They will try and protect Ryback so he won't get pinned.World Title - Dolph retaining the title but I expect the fued to continue onto MITB in July.CM Punk to beat Jericho - I don't see Punk losing in his hometown and the Heyman turn will wait.Intercontinental Title - Curtis Axel is a no brainer here.US Title - Dean AmbroseTag Titles - Reigns and Rollins to retain but I am not sure who will turn on who with Team RK-No. I hope to see a Randy turn as the Chicago crowd will give him the desired reaction. If Bryan turned then he would probably get cheered anyway.Divas Title - AJ to win by DQ here. I have enjoyed this fued more than any other Divas storyline in recent memory. It helps when they are both easy on the eye.Kickoff Match - Sheamus over Damo.I expect another random match being stuck in between Punk v Jericho and the match afterwards. My bet is an Usos tag match

• Paid Members

I can see the Chicago crowd absolutely shitting all over that main event. There seems to be very little interest or heat surrounding it anyway and due to the stipulation it's probably going to be dragged out for a good twenty five minutes or so. I fully expect 'Cena Sucks' and 'Goldberg' chants to fill the arena, with a chorus of boos when Cena wins the thing too. I reckon they will be well into the rest of the card though. Punk, Bryan, Ziggler and The Shield will all get great reactions, despite most of those mentioned being heels. I think Chicago will help to make it a really, really good show, but they will be burned out by the main, especially after Punk's appearance.

I will start off by saying that WWE have not had a great PPV in June since Vengeance 2005 (Big Dave/Tips HIAC, HBK/Angle 2, Kane/Edge and Cena/Y2J/Christian) so my expectations are not high for this one at all.The 2 matches that have my interest are the IC (just to see if they put the strap on Axel) and Punks return(because hes the best in the world obviously).So heres my picks:AJBarrett (6/1 with Paddy Power, sounds good as he could easily pin Miz so Axel is protected)AmbroseRollins/ReignsPunkZigglerCenaA popular prediction i can see happening is Punk appearing during the ambualnce match and loading both Cena and Rybitch into the nee nor and cdriving off to send the partisan crowd home happy. It could also been seen as a kind of face turn (or start of) if this was to happen imo.

• Paid Members

I can see the Chicago crowd absolutely shitting all over that main event. There seems to be very little interest or heat surrounding it anyway and due to the stipulation it's probably going to be dragged out for a good twenty five minutes or so. I fully expect 'Cena Sucks' and 'Goldberg' chants to fill the arena, with a chorus of boos when Cena wins the thing too. I reckon they will be well into the rest of the card though. Punk, Bryan, Ziggler and The Shield will all get great reactions, despite most of those mentioned being heels. I think Chicago will help to make it a really, really good show, but they will be burned out by the main, especially after Punk's appearance.

I agree with all of this, but I hope they don't because I think it will be a great match.In fact, WWE rarely gets it wrong with its PPVs. For all its faults, it usually delivers great quality PPVs with plenty of great matches. I hope this is the same.

Laid down a quid on Kaitlyn to win over AJ with sky bet at 4/1 as it was the only thing worth betting on.. other than that I think the bookies have there predictions bang on. Have ordered this on box office due to the recent efforts of Bryan and the Shield on RAW and Smackdown plus the return of Punk with Jericho's promo referring to tonights match as "Punk-Jericho III" I was sold. Think it could be an above average PPV dispite the awful name, also starting to warm to Curtis Axel looking forward to seeing him become the new I.C champ via shenanigans. :thumbsup:

Archived