TNA wrestler goes online to get help for paying his medical bills

Smith

Xavier Woods donated money.

I don't know. There's something really messed about a WWE development guy who doesn't make money helping this guy while his multi-millionare boss (Dixie) doesn't lift a finger to help.

Not really, it didn't happen in the ring so I can understand why TNA don't want to pay. If I work in Lidls and get appendicitis while I'm watching telly at home would they pay for treatment? Of course not, it's the same thing in my eyes.

Yeah, but your workplace should theoretically be paying you enough to get health care. If TNA offered decent wages he wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He doesn't have to work there. If he reckons his wages are shit he should quit and go and work in Target or whatever.

Yeah, but him being an idiot and a mark for the business doesn't excuse TNA behaving so callously.

• Moderators

It's not callous! If he did it in the ring it'd be callous, but he's got a tumour. It's not an injury he picked up in the ring. The majority of companies in the majority of industries don't pay for injuries picked up by people which aren't the fault of the workplace. And this isn't even a case of "TNA are paying him shit money", it would cost him a bomb anyway medical bill wise regardless of where he was employed, WWE wouldn't have paid for it either, and he's seen every wrestler and their uncle start up kickstarters recently to raise money and marks donating. He's just a carny, this one isn't really a case of "TNA are cheap bastards" at all. Christ. You do enjoy posting about TNA being a crap company to work for, don't you? I take it you're a fan of cageside seats.

WWE have never had a firm policy on this either, it's down to McMahon's whim. They'll help out former wrestlers like Scott Hall, but will happily fire Test whilst he's recuperating from injury, and others more recently.

As Butch says, it's not TNA's place to pay for appendicitis - it's a lot more their place to pay for injuries sustained whilst working for them, and I believe they covered all of Jesse Sorensen's medical bills. But they don't always - Konnan has wrestled all over the world for major companies, so when he wanted them to pay for his hip surgery they said no. I can understand that - it's not charitable, sure, but they aren't a charity.

The situation with low pay is sad though, and a reminder that they don't have the deep pockets of WWE.

Xavier Woods donated money.

I don't know. There's something really messed about a WWE development guy who doesn't make money helping this guy while his multi-millionare boss (Dixie) doesn't lift a finger to help.

Not really, it didn't happen in the ring so I can understand why TNA don't want to pay. If I work in Lidls and get appendicitis while I'm watching telly at home would they pay for treatment? Of course not, it's the same thing in my eyes.

Yeah, but your workplace should theoretically be paying you enough to get health care. If TNA offered decent wages he wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

How much would zema ion be on? Just curious, because for all we know he can afford it, but decided to take a chance and not get health insurance.

• Paid Members
WWE have never had a firm policy on this either, it's down to McMahon's whim. They'll help out former wrestlers like Scott Hall, but will happily fire Test whilst he's recuperating from injury, and others more recently.

As Butch says, it's not TNA's place to pay for appendicitis - it's a lot more their place to pay for injuries sustained whilst working for them, and I believe they covered all of Jesse Sorensen's medical bills. But they don't always - Konnan has wrestled all over the world for major companies, so when he wanted them to pay for his hip surgery they said no. I can understand that - it's not charitable, sure, but they aren't a charity.

The situation with low pay is sad though, and a reminder that they don't have the deep pockets of WWE.

They still covered his medical expenses though didn't they? They definitely paid for model Bobbi Billard's surgeries when she broke her neck in Developmental yonks ago because I remember white knighting her to fuck on her livejournal at the time. They also paid for Paul Bearer's gastric band surgery and heart treatment for MVP so it obviously isn't just in ring stuff that they're prepared cover. To be honest, aside from that ex FCW bloke who filed suit last month, I can't think of anybody who has accused WWE of refusing to cover their medical bills and it turned out that that guy was never actually under contract to them.

TNA really do seem like awful employers at times. They refused to cover the bills for injuries Killings suffered on an Indy show that they booked him on (so still working for them) but they did pay for the throat injury that Scott Steiner suffered on a show that he booked himself on around the same time. That's just a massive "fuck you" anyway you look at it.

TNA really do seem like awful employers at times. They refused to cover the bills for injuries Killings suffered on an Indy show that they booked him on (so still working for them) but they did pay for the throat injury that Scott Steiner suffered on a show that he booked himself on around the same time. That's just a massive "fuck you" anyway you look at it.

Unlike Killings, Steiner wasn't injured on a random indy show. He was injured on a TNA house show in Puerto Rico.

Unlike Killings, Steiner wasn't injured on a random indy show. He was injured on a TNA house show in Puerto Rico.

I think Killings' argument was that they booked him on the show and took a percentage of the money from it, so they were culpable in the injury.

Archived