Raw discussion thread 6/5/13 *SPOILERZ*

IANdrewDiceClay

Big set-piece angles are always great, and make the show feel a thousand times fresher.

It's just a shame that its going to be built up by Heyman in a ring, introducing footage. It could have been more organic than that.

They are putting some stock into this Henry/Sheamus thing to say it aint for a belt or anything, really liking this i have to say.

Henry responding to the "WHAT" chants "Y'all are puppets" :laugh:

He's brilliant, i wish he got more mic time.

Mark Henry is the best thing on television right now. I could listen to him talk, rant and rave all day.

'AHHHM GONNA WHIP YA LIKE YA STOLE SOMETHING...'

'I GOT NUFF WHIPPIN FOR ALLLLL Y'ALLLLL'

Fantastic.

Ryback has clearly put some weight on. His right tit keeps peeking out from beneath his singlet.

I attempted to stay up and watch but after the Lesnar segment there was nothing else that interested me. I thought the Heyman/Lesnar stuff was excellent and the Del Rio Ziggler match was pretty good. Probably the best Swagger has looked for a long time as well. I still don't understand the logic of having both your mid-card champions losing in under 5 minutes again with seemingly no feuds built up for them. Bizarre.

Really uninspiring Raw. That opening Cena promo was painful. I don't care if the intention is he's 'playing heel' to a certain section of the crowd, it's shit, and makes his opponents look daft which isn't something that'll spike interest in a feud like he's obviously capable of. Vickie looked hot though :bored:

The Heyman/Brock stuff went on forever. And for what? HHH didn't even care! Why weren't the Shield still in possession of the tag belts? Where was Kaitlyn's dodgy hat? No stories I can get my teeth into. I would like Henry as much as everyone else if his promos were as good as the ad libs. At least the good Fandango girl is back!

The crowd was decent tonight, very babyface heavy. Still Del Rio getting crickets.

Mark Henry's promos ARE ace.

In the same way Batista's promos were ace (Henry's are better).

He's believable. He sounds like he really doesnt like people and like he really wants to kill them. Job done.

So I assume were getting a Sheamus/Menry strap match. I'm worried that might limit them a little too much.

I believe a gimmick might make that match better. They now have a dozen ready made stories instead of trying to come up with a match from scratch.

Solid if unspectacular. The ending made Ryback look like a total tosspot, so that's good. The Heyman handicam was alright, conveniently zooming into Lesnar's arm to allow them to cut to the bit where he destroys a room purporting to be HHH's office. I liked the bit where he destroyed the keyboard. Not the $10 keyboard!

It seems someone with a modicum of a clue is now putting the show together. There's fewer pointless matches, fewer infinite pointless rematches, more well placed talking bits to break things up. Or it seems that way, anyway.

Those strap marks on Sheamus were pretty brutual.

Really didn't like the Lesnar bit. Would have been far more effective as a "look whats happening right now" rather than building it for ages. In the end it was a letdown and HHH just laughed it off. So what was even the point?

Henry was okay. I wasn't wowed but wasn't bored either, which is better than usual.

Feeling tempted to just switch off from Raw until Punk is back

I tuned in to see the Brock bit, it was really underwhelming and smashing up a laptop and framed pictures isn't the best heat-builder that I've seen in a blood feud. It seemed more suited to something that DX would have done in 2006 to get Vince's blood pressure up a bit, it seemed a bit petty for a former UFC Champ.

I don't know whether it is because I am tuning in to Raw a bit more now than I was at the start of the year but Orton seems to get a fair bit of time each week, even if it is just matches, hopefully this could be a sign of a bit of a more meaningful storyline coming his way after all this Big Show stuff blows over. If Henry and Orton come out of their feuds victorious then I'd like to see Orton vs Henry revisited after their solid 2011 bouts.

The Shield and Team Hell No are both in a good spots right now. There might not be much of a tag division but I don't recall the championships mattering so much since the days of Jeri-show and DX's last hurrah.

Archived