Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

Across the narrow sea seems to jump straight to being the middle East or Asia though instead of Europe.

That's just Slavers Bay though to be fair. There's huge land between there and Westeros containing the free cities, which are apparently loosely based on European cities. Braavos for example, is based on Venice.

Have they ever explained any of the accents anyway? It's all random. The Stark boys are northern, the Stark girls aren't. Mark Addy was northern but his brothers weren't. Davos is from King's Landing and he's a Geordie.

When first started watching it, the wife and I came to the conclusion that Westeross was actually just the British isles and everyone lived along the M62 corridor. Winterfell being very much in the vein of Sheffield with Ned Stark being a typical Yorkshireman not wanting to leave to go down south to King's Landing/London via The Kingsroad/M1, The Erie off to the east below the river a bit like Scunthorpe or Grimsby, while The Wall represented the England-Scotland boarder, south of the wall being lush and green while Scotland/North of the wall is freezing cold, grim and full of red headed savages.

I feel like that's how it's meant to be, but the accents vary too much. You don't get lads born in London talking like they're from Newcastle. There are probably real life reasons for it all, like the aforementioned younger Starks not being able to mimic Sean Bean's accent, or Liam Cunningham and Aiden Gillen wanting to piss about.

Re the Starks - girls and younger boys talk more proper as spending time with catelyn and old nan. As boys got older more time with Ned and took more of his accent.

• Paid Members

A Stark finally caught up with another Stark! Huzzah!

So The Knights of The Vale are riding to support Jon, there must be a few families out there that will help, the family of the fella who helped Ned in the flashback should help.

Bolton is gonna get fucked up. And I'm gonna love it.

• Paid Members

....erm, what?

I think the season is strong so far and I like how everything seems to be moving in a direction where a lot of characters are going to join the same storyline. However Ayra's story sticks out like a sore thumb. No idea how they're going to tie that shit in.

Edited by LaGoosh

I liked the idea of her sneaking into Kings Landing and daredevilling the shit out of the Mountain. That was until someone suggested that in Cersei's trial by combat, the Faith Militant pick a reincarnated Hound as their champion to battle his brother.

I think the long game with the Stark kids is a big reunion. Arya is possibly going to refuse to recognise them as family, but beyond that I have no idea what the payoff is.