The actual proper Wrestlemania 29 Thread

Up Chuck

It's been some time since we've had a collection of main event matches that all have the potential to be fantastic on one card.

That's just bollocks to be fair. Rock vs Cena I, Undertaker vs Triple H in the Cell, Punk vs Jericho and Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan had more appeal that this lot. WrestleMania usually have a bunch of matches people want to see.

Hmmmm, yes, erm, Wrestlemania 27.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It's been some time since we've had a collection of main event matches that all have the potential to be fantastic on one card.

That's just bollocks to be fair. Rock vs Cena I, Undertaker vs Triple H in the Cell, Punk vs Jericho and Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan had more appeal that this lot. WrestleMania usually have a bunch of matches people want to see.

Hmmmm, yes, erm, Wrestlemania 27.

Post: Its been sometime since we had this collection of main event matches.

Reply: Last year had as many.

You: WrestleMania 27.

Me: Eh?

Post - Wrestlemania usually has a bunch of matches people want to see.

Me - Wrestlemania 27.

You- No no no, when I said usually I actually meant last year, usually as in once.

Your post was gibberish that was easily shown as such.

Hmmmm, yes, erm, Wrestlemani a 27.

Post: Its been sometime since we had this collection of main event matches.

Reply: Last year had as many.

You: WrestleMania 27.

Me: Eh?

Haven't been into the build up for anything other than Ryback/Henry and Fandango/Jericho, both of which have been set up really well for the reasons others have already said. Rock and Cena have had some great promos to give credit where it's due so I suppose that has been built well but I'm not sure what the actual match will be like.

Actually, I'm not sure what Ryback/Henry or Fandango (don't think I've ever seen him work a match as Curtis) will be like in ring. The former could be great if they let them go all out, maybe as the opener. If they stick it in the middle and have them just work a basic TV match where Ryback squashes Henry then I'm not convinced. Hopefully they don't do that because Henry has looked great again as of late.

On the opposite side of the coin, The Undertaker/Punk stuff hasn't done anything for me and even though I'm one of the fans who did rate Lesnar/Triple H it wasn't a match I really wanted to see again despite a great promo by Hunter the other week. I expect the matches themselves will be good, despite my opinion on the storylines.

I actually wouldn't have a problem with Michaels costing Triple H his career if that is the way they decide to go. I wasn't exactly a fan of their 2000s feud but if they do a match next year with the roles reversed and heel Michaels I could actually see that being fun.

The actual match I'm looking forward to the most for the 'match' is The Shield vs Orton, Sheamus and Show. The Shield have had three or four matches and all of them have been good. They are against three of the best workers around right now. Wish this was for the tag titles because the Celtic Vipers have great chemistry together so I was hoping they'd get a tag title run but I can see Orton turning.

Expect Del Rio/Swagger will be a good match as well, but where they position it on the card could make or break it in terms of getting a potentially negative reaction.

• Paid Members

There was good parts of that pay per view but wow, on the whole that event just fell so flat. It'll do a good buy rate and that's all that'll matter to WWE (that and the rating of RAW tomorrow night) but that just felt completely wrong throughout.

Thoroughly decent show up to and including the Undertaker match, which I thought was very good indeed. Then HHH/Lesnar and Rock/Cena were big, dull, drawn out disappointments. Also, no major surprises or anything. Yeah, this won't go down as a vintage WrestleMania...

Archived