Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I used to hate most offal, but I've come to like liver - liver and onions is a great combo, and liver in juniper sauce is classic. Still wouldn't have it in a fry-up, though. I've honestly tried with black pudding, I just don't like the flavour (although it might just be I was unlucky to have bad quality pudding the few times I tried it). Rather have bubble.

Can't stand kidney. Again, something I've tried with, but the flavour and texture just make me gag.

I used to hate most offal, but I've come to like liver - liver and onions is a great combo, and liver in juniper sauce is classic. Still wouldn't have it in a fry-up, though. I've honestly tried with black pudding, I just don't like the flavour (although it might just be I was unlucky to have bad quality pudding the few times I tried it). Rather have bubble.

Can't stand kidney. Again, something I've tried with, but the flavour and texture just make me gag.

On a drunken night out in Melbourne city of all places I found a bar that served fucking excellent liver, onions and gravy on mash. I was so happy I could of cried, it tasted just like what my gran used to make me. :)

Also one of the hipster brunch bars I go to have been serving home made black and white pudding and it is lovely. Really tasty but biazarre breakfast that one; Home made scotch egg on a bed of creamy fish roe and lavender flower, served with a side of black / white pudding with a tomato and plum salsa.

• Paid Members

I like Scotch eggs, although if it's just the bog-standard ones, have to have them with Branston pickle. There's a pub near me that does gourmet Scotch eggs - very poncy, but also absolutely delicious. The meat's cooked with herbs, and the egg is done soft-boiled.

Scotch Egg makes me wretch. It's absolutely vile, yet Mumzie always has one at the side of her plate.

I remember tasting a deep-fried, battered Mars Bar once. Definately not as bad as you think.

I love the fact it's the scotch egg that makes you feel ill instead of the "bed of creamy fish roe and lavender flowers." I forgot it also had finely grated raw cabbage underneath too. It was a real gamble, but one that paid off.

Have you ever had a non store bought scotch egg? They can vary MASSIVELY in quality. Cheap ones can be really nasty though; cheap sausage meat and over cooked eggs = blurgh! But if you ever get the chance to try and fancy one... go for it. You might change your mind.

• Paid Members

Scotch eggs aren't raw, though :confused:

Anyway, that Wiki entry you posted had something interesting:

"Several local variations exist, such as the Manchester egg which uses a pickled egg wrapped in a mixture of pork meat and Lancashire black pudding,[9] and the Worcester Egg, where the egg is first pickled in Worcestershire Sauce and then clad in a mixture of local sausage meat and white pudding."

Despite what I've said about black pudding, I do like mixtures of flavours, and both of these sound quite good.