Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

Take it I have people looking at my Facebook page as the sub post title has mentions of Darjeeling tea

Either that or some folk who can, dunno who, have been altering threads so they read about Brian Sewell? I'm sure they give an equal fuck about your Facebook page as they do how their right clavicle will somehow fuck their future grandchild to death whilst thinking about a TNA Meet and greet. Even Doc Brown can't save you now. You aren't the "Great Scott" he talked about.

Take it I have people looking at my Facebook page as the sub post title has mentions of Darjeeling tea and I speak about Darjeeling tea in quite a tedious fashion on my page.

It is the champagne of tea by the way! :laugh:

yesitis2.gif

• Paid Members

Saw something on FB last night. Basically, a mother had taken a picture of some blokes number plate, put it on Facebook saying 'THE DRIVER OF THIS CAR TRIED TO GET MY DAUGHTER INTO HIS CAR'. Aside from the argument of whether we should take her words as gospel for a start, she states she isn't going to report this to the police because 'THEY DO FUCK ALL'. Riiiiight.

Later on, she elaborates a bit more on the story (after shitload of people have shared the pic of the number plate)- saying that the bloke in the car said 'Where are you going' to HER. She replied 'Not where you're going' and the bloke replied 'I was talking about your mate'- which was her 13-year old daughter. Don't get me wrong, that is unacceptable behaviour that can shit a young girl right up, it shouldn't be condoned at all. But sharing his number plate on Facebook and making out the story was much worse than it was, all this whilst not deeming it serious enough to report to the police? What a fucking berk. The bloke was 'half-cast' apparently.

• Paid Members
Someone posted that to my feed as well.

Same here,

Much like the one doing the rounds last year

Man in red van spotted at "insert local school" trying to pick up children they then go on say he is an old man and clearly a pervert. One day some poor old sod is going to pick up his gran kid and get beaten to death

I have a theory about all this, and it's probably a bit sexist, but bear with me.

The internet is still a relatively new phenomenon, and what Facebook has done is bring people onto "social media" in the last 4 or 5 years who previously hadn't had any experience of the net as a particularly inaccurate source of information. Before this, their main source of info is papers and magazines, which have a much higher (though not infallible) standard of fact-checking.

So you grow up believing generally what you read or hear on telly, and then suddenly you're on Facebook and when you read something you just assume it's true.

For those of us, mainly chaps, who grew up with the internet, we all understand that outside of a few particular websites, everything you read on the net should be taken with a large pinch of salt. But I find that it's mostly women of 25 and up that are always forwarding all this shit on Facebook. They don't even consider it might not be true, and wouldn't think of doing a quick check before spreading it.

It's not to do with intelligence either; at least once a week I have to look something up on snopes and point out to very bright female friends of mine that their shocking news story is both bollocks, and about 8 years old.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
I have a theory about all this, and it's probably a bit sexist, but bear with me.

The internet is still a relatively new phenomenon, and what Facebook has done is bring people onto "social media" in the last 4 or 5 years who previously hadn't had any experience of the net as a particularly inaccurate source of information. Before this, their main source of info is papers and magazines, which have a much higher (though not infallible) standard of fact-checking.

So you grow up believing generally what you read or hear on telly, and then suddenly you're on Facebook and when you read something you just assume it's true.

For those of us, mainly chaps, who grew up with the internet, we all understand that outside of a few particular websites, everything you read on the net should be taken with a large pinch of salt. But I find that it's mostly women of 25 and up that are always forwarding all this shit on Facebook. They don't even consider it might not be true, and wouldn't think of doing a quick check before spreading it.

It's not to do with intelligence either; at least once a week I have to look something up on snopes and point out to very bright female friends of mine that their shocking news story is both bollocks, and about 8 years old.

Your theory is more or less spot on, most of the people reposting the "sticker on door to steal dog" or "Pervert will steal your kid" on my page are 30ish females in decent jobs that should require a good level of intelligence.